“Oak Park Favorite”
Review of Maya Del Sol

Maya Del Sol
Reserve with OpenTable
Maya Del Sol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 144 Restaurants in Oak Park
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South Blvd.
Transit: Oak Park Green Line station is half block north. Oak Park Metra station is a 4 blocks west.
Description: Located in Oak Park, Maya Del Sol is just minutes away from the city and surrounding suburbs of Chicago. Prepare to be whisked away by the exciting flavors and tastes from some of Latin America's most vibrant countries. The unique menu is complemented by an inventive cocktail menu and extensive wine list. Relax on one of the best patios in the Chicago area when weather permits or dine in one of our two comfortable dining rooms. If you prefer, pull up a stool in the lively bar area, which has live music on some Friday nights from 9pm - midnight. Join us in celebrating numerous special occasions throughout the year, including Mother's & Father's Day, Cinco de Maya, Day of the Dead and many more. Celebrating a birthday or anniversary? Maya is also available for private parties - on or off-site - perfect for weddings, rehearsals and showers.
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Love this place! Visually, the decor & design is pleasing --- an inviting atmosphere. The food & service is simply excellent and the live music on Friday nights is a real bonus. Some of the best groups I've heard in the area.

Leigh R, Manager at Maya Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for the wonderful review! Glad you enjoy the live music and the ambiance. And of course, the food and drinks! We love being a part of the Oak Park community and are glad to be a favorite of yours! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've been to Maya del Sol a few times by now when visiting family and it's convenient along with being so tasty. The chips and salsa once you are seated just keep coming to satisfy that initial hunger. Latin fusion is their forte and I love ordering the salmon which suits my tastebuds. I could rate it 4+ and not a 5 since it's a bit spicy for me and the a tad too expensive. However, their gold card member program is a real economic plus for those frequenting the restaurant. They have good choices and were very busy on the Friday evening we visited, but our server Melissa was very efficient and made sure everything was to our liking. Next time I will mention that I prefer things less spicy. We sat inside in a comfortable diningroom as the wait on the outside patio was too long. Parking may be easier on some side streets, but we walked so it wasn't an issue. Convenient to a metro stop too.

Thank you for the wonderful review! Glad to hear you enjoy the food, drinks and ambiance and excited that you are a happy member of our Gold Card program! Please do mention to your server next time that you enjoy your food a little less spicy...we can definitely accommodate that! Hope to see you again soon...maybe even for one last night on the patio before the cool weather officially arrives. Wait time is usually less on the weekdays. :)

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The ceviche is delicous. The crab avocado is delicous. The salad with jicama and grapefruit is delicious. We only ordered the tapas last night and bottle of Stags Leap was perfect accompaniment. The chips with red and green salsa were nice munchies as we waited in between (though not for long). We have had full entrees here also that are always beautifully presented and delicous.

Thank you for the lovely review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoy your experiences with us...whether for tapas style dining or full entrees. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was with a group of ladies after work when one of them decided we should go to Maya Del Sol. I had not been but she said it was really good. Well, I had no idea what a wonderful treat this dinner was going to be. Micheal was our server and he really knows their menu. The way he described everything made me want to eat it all. However, upon questioning each of us about our likes and dislikes he helped us choose what would be best for us. Boy does he know how to please his customers. Each of us had something different and we each thought it was the best dinner we had ever eaten. I had the Callos (sea scallops) and they were so moist and juicy. They melted like butter in your mouth. It had a habanero red wine reduction, and just as Michael said, it was not at all overpowering, it just enhanced the flavor. The mushroom asparagus rissoto was absolutely delicious.
It was a lovely evening and we sat out on the patio. The atmosphere was perfect. You can tell that everyone has a real attention to detail and customer service. If you are ever in the area and have the chance to try the Maya Del Sol, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Thank you for the amazing review! The way you experienced our restaurant for the first time was exactly the experience we try to provide all of our guests...first timers and regulars. I will pass along your compliments to Michael and let him know what a big part of your experience he was. :) So happy to hear everyone at your table enjoyed their meals so much and we hope you will stop by the next time you are in the area! Thank you again for the great review.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I went here for our Anniversary. We did not know what to expect but it was highly recommend on trip advisor so we decided to make a reservation. This is a great place for a large group or a place to hang out with your friends. I would not suggest it for a wedding anniversary. The food is excellent as is the service. My only negative comment is that the table are very small and close together. I would go back if going with friends.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback! We are glad you enjoyed the food and service, but do apologize that it was a little too lively for a romantic celebration. If you mention it to your server, we can always try to seat you at a more private booth if possible. We hope to see you in again soon with friends for a fun night out!

Been to Maya Del Sol? Share your experiences!