“Extremely Good... If You Order Right”

King And I Thai Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 130 Restaurants in Oak Park
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Mountain View, California
“Extremely Good... If You Order Right”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

On a hunt for the best pad thai in Oak Park, I started my search here and was not disappointed. The pad thai itself was absolutely fantastic-- great flavor, plenty of egg and tofu, tasty bean sprouts.

The other food, though, wasn't so great. We got the Pad Ped Tofu, medium spicy, and the red curry sauce didn't have very much flavor at all. It was spicy like red pepper flakes, but the tastes weren't very complex or very infused into the tofu and vegetables in the dish.

Still, for the price (about $8 an entree), it's a great deal. And the decor-- the robot made from soda cans-- in the entryway adds a nice touch of kitsch. My recommendation: come here for fantastic noodle dishes; don't expect too much from the vegetable-based menu items.

• Visited June 2011