“Beautiful Inn!”

Harvey House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Oak Park B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My boyfriend and I are both twenty. Our thing is to go to many different bed and breakfast places. We got lucky here. The first week of October the The Harvey House had a cancellation for the Chalet Room. I booked it right away. This house is wonderful! Beth did such a fantastic job and her cooking is very divine. She goes beyond a standard meal and creates elegant meals with the freshest produce. Oak Park is such a cute town and I couldn't be more thrilled with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We have stayed at many B&B's but this one was quite different. A beautiful property just a short ride to our downtown business meeting we had each day for a week.
The Innkeeper is meticulous with keeping the inn as clean as possible. We saw her cleaning on of the bathrooms with a cleaning light which showed she really wanted to make sure the room was spotless. The morning breakfasts were very nice, The food was made from all local farms and organic suppliers. Beth and The Harvey House will most certainly be the Inn of Choice when we visit Chicago for our corporate meetings

Room Tip: Pick The Chalet Room its beautiful and the Bed is amazing
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Harvey House. We loved our room (the Chalet room) and the entire house. The hostess, Beth, was very friendly and personal. Breakfasts were delicious. Oak Park is fascinating and the Green Line to Chicago quick and easy. So we divided our time between Oak Park and Chicago. We are already talking about returning some time in the future.
Stig and Renee Karlberg
Rockford, IL

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I've stayed at Harvey House B&B at Oak Park Illinois several times in the past year. Every time I come to this hotel I feel the ultimate comfort and hospitality. Beth is an amazing hostess who takes care of her clients and caters to their special needs. I have celiac so Beth makes sure that my breakfast is gluten-free, but still exceptionally delicious. She puts the effort to prepare gluten-free muffins, waffles or pan cakes especially for me, with eggs and gluten-free bread.
Everything is so clean and fresh at Harvey House. I love it!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are special but my favorite is Jimmy Stewart.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I booked two rooms for my brother and I returning from southern Ill to bury my grandmother. Parking was an issue for me finding a place to stay as in the city most hotels charge a lot for parking. This was within a reasonable distance to everything we wanted to do and public transportation is very close. The inn keeper is very knowledgeable about the entire Chicago area, an amazing and accommodating person.
The breakfasts were gourmet, ambiance of the inn and rooms was very nice. High recommendation!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms, we peaked into all of them, were very nice with private baths.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Beautiful, comfortable , welcoming, convenient, very clean, high quality...and priced fairly! Nothing more left to say! Beth is an excellent example of a B&B owner who takes great pride in offering a wonderful experience to her customers.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed in the Garden Suite for two nights. The bed was comfortable; the view over the front garden was refreshing; the water pressure for the shower and bath were excellent. As mentioned by other reviewers, the train can be heard; but we just took that as part of the urban experience and slept fine. Beth and her staff surprised us with the quality and freshness of the vegan breakfast which we had requested in advance -- freshly made organic vegetable juice, delicious banana walnut waffles, granola with almond or coconut and milk and a wonderful fruit salad. We were also treated to vegan cookies delivered to our room. We loved the option of being able to eat indoors or out. We also appreciated the easy parking both on and off street.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple