“Wonderful”

Harvey House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Oak Park B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was our 3rd or 4th time staying at the Harvey House. Everything about our stay was awesome from the cookies when we first arrived to the luxurious linens. Beth, the innkeeper, is so attentive. The breakfast was scrumptious and so were the desserts She gave us the recipe to the yummy granola she made for breakfast and helped us with activities. This is the place to stay when staying in Chicago. So much better than a hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My Husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 5th anniversary. The house is gorgeous and beautifully decorated! Beth was wonderful! She gave us great dinner recommendations! She knows her food! Breakfast was delicious! It was a very romantic get away to celebrate our marriage. Thanks Beth!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My boyfriend and I are both twenty. Our thing is to go to many different bed and breakfast places. We got lucky here. The first week of October the The Harvey House had a cancellation for the Chalet Room. I booked it right away. This house is wonderful! Beth did such a fantastic job and her cooking is very divine. She goes beyond a standard meal and creates elegant meals with the freshest produce. Oak Park is such a cute town and I couldn't be more thrilled with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We have stayed at many B&B's but this one was quite different. A beautiful property just a short ride to our downtown business meeting we had each day for a week.
The Innkeeper is meticulous with keeping the inn as clean as possible. We saw her cleaning on of the bathrooms with a cleaning light which showed she really wanted to make sure the room was spotless. The morning breakfasts were very nice, The food was made from all local farms and organic suppliers. Beth and The Harvey House will most certainly be the Inn of Choice when we visit Chicago for our corporate meetings

Room Tip: Pick The Chalet Room its beautiful and the Bed is amazing
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Harvey House. We loved our room (the Chalet room) and the entire house. The hostess, Beth, was very friendly and personal. Breakfasts were delicious. Oak Park is fascinating and the Green Line to Chicago quick and easy. So we divided our time between Oak Park and Chicago. We are already talking about returning some time in the future.
Stig and Renee Karlberg
Rockford, IL

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I've stayed at Harvey House B&B at Oak Park Illinois several times in the past year. Every time I come to this hotel I feel the ultimate comfort and hospitality. Beth is an amazing hostess who takes care of her clients and caters to their special needs. I have celiac so Beth makes sure that my breakfast is gluten-free, but still exceptionally delicious. She puts the effort to prepare gluten-free muffins, waffles or pan cakes especially for me, with eggs and gluten-free bread.
Everything is so clean and fresh at Harvey House. I love it!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are special but my favorite is Jimmy Stewart.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I booked two rooms for my brother and I returning from southern Ill to bury my grandmother. Parking was an issue for me finding a place to stay as in the city most hotels charge a lot for parking. This was within a reasonable distance to everything we wanted to do and public transportation is very close. The inn keeper is very knowledgeable about the entire Chicago area, an amazing and accommodating person.
The breakfasts were gourmet, ambiance of the inn and rooms was very nice. High recommendation!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms, we peaked into all of them, were very nice with private baths.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park

Been to Harvey House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!