“Luxuriously comfortable”

Harvey House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Oak Park B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in the Golden Chest Suite and were very happy with the luxuriously comfortable bed and the immaculately clean bathroom. The house and room were elegantly decorated, and a lock-code side entrance made getting in and out very convenient. Breakfast was a fresh and light affair, and Beth made us feel very welcomed in a nonintrusive way. The nearby trains can be noisy if you are a light sleeper, but we were grateful for the ease of commuting to downtown Chicago.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We honestly cannot rave enough about how fantastic Harvey House B & B is! From the wonderful host/staff, to the beautiful, comfortable rooms, delicious home cooked breakfasts, and the beautiful ambience and character of the home! Just one of the best places we have ever stayed!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I chose to stay at this B&B to try a new experience and beat the expensive hotel prices.This is an excellent B&B.The home and rooms are beautiful and products and services are first class.Breakfast was generous in portions and amazing.Free internet available. The parking behind the B&B or in front on the street is free. The neighborhood is also beautiful. My husband was thrilled and we definitely want to return in the future.

Room Tip: Check availability on line.Room pictures available on web site
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah1957
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed here to celebrate our anniversary. I booked it with the owner because we hadva bed and breakfast gift card. We checked in and she showed us around and helped us to our room. The room was lovely, clean, & well decorated. Snacks where available in the kitchen all evening that where made with local ingredients. When we checked and we gave her the gift card and she began to tell us how the gift cards are not owner friendly. They cost the bed and breakfast owners more money. I do understand her point of view, but felt attacked because we where using them. If you have a B & B gift card be prepared!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The best thing about Harvey House is Beth and her helpers. They made me feel right at home during my recent two-night stay. The Chalet was large and well furnished. The breakfasts were tasty. If I go back to Oak Park, I know where I want to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I was working in Chicago and stayed in OakPark. I really enjoyed my stay. I had lots of things to do for work in my room. Although there is no buisness area like most hotels. The high speed internet made it easy for me to do work from my room on my laptop

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Harvey House is an dream in the suburb of Oak Park. The historic house is lovely and to walk around the neighborhood is an experience that you won't get in the city. My family first encountered Harvey House when we needed to attend to an uncle that lived in Forest Park. We have stayed there ever since and it has become a home away from home in Chicago for us. This last time we had every room in the house so it was like our home, sitting in the den or on the patio with wine, having a delicious breakfast together. In the 3 years since I had been there last, the house was very clean and gorgeous furnishings looked the same, if not better. Beth is the consummate innkeeper perfecting all details to make your stay so special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park

Been to Harvey House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!