“Harvey House a Haven of Hospitality”

Harvey House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Oak Park B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
North Canton, Ohio
“Harvey House a Haven of Hospitality”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. I had a work related day at Concordia University while my husband kicked back. He is typically a go go, go person but he spent the day at Harvey House enjoying the common areas, and our room just relaxing. What a testimony to the comfort of the house. The food was delicious and I am now addicted to the granola - yum! Beth and her staff were the perfect balance of family friendly and respectful of privacy. I will be returning to the Harvey House again.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in the Golden Chest Suite and were very happy with the luxuriously comfortable bed and the immaculately clean bathroom. The house and room were elegantly decorated, and a lock-code side entrance made getting in and out very convenient. Breakfast was a fresh and light affair, and Beth made us feel very welcomed in a nonintrusive way. The nearby trains can be noisy if you are a light sleeper, but we were grateful for the ease of commuting to downtown Chicago.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We honestly cannot rave enough about how fantastic Harvey House B & B is! From the wonderful host/staff, to the beautiful, comfortable rooms, delicious home cooked breakfasts, and the beautiful ambience and character of the home! Just one of the best places we have ever stayed!

Green Features: Above and beyond - everything is "green"
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I chose to stay at this B&B to try a new experience and beat the expensive hotel prices.This is an excellent B&B.The home and rooms are beautiful and products and services are first class.Breakfast was generous in portions and amazing.Free internet available. The parking behind the B&B or in front on the street is free. The neighborhood is also beautiful. My husband was thrilled and we definitely want to return in the future.

Room Tip: Check availability on line.Room pictures available on web site
Green Features: They are environment friendly,waste composted, towel reuse,organic/local food,non toxic pest control
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah1957
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed here to celebrate our anniversary. I booked it with the owner because we hadva bed and breakfast gift card. We checked in and she showed us around and helped us to our room. The room was lovely, clean, & well decorated. Snacks where available in the kitchen all evening that where made with local ingredients. When we checked and we gave her the gift card and she began to tell us how the gift cards are not owner friendly. They cost the bed and breakfast owners more money. I do understand her point of view, but felt attacked because we where using them. If you have a B & B gift card be prepared!

• Stayed October 2013
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The best thing about Harvey House is Beth and her helpers. They made me feel right at home during my recent two-night stay. The Chalet was large and well furnished. The breakfasts were tasty. If I go back to Oak Park, I know where I want to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Chicago
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I was working in Chicago and stayed in OakPark. I really enjoyed my stay. I had lots of things to do for work in my room. Although there is no buisness area like most hotels. The high speed internet made it easy for me to do work from my room on my laptop

Stayed January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Park
West Loop
Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown West Loop
The Guesthouse Hotel
#1 of 188 in Chicago

Been to Harvey House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!