“Edwardo's $pecial - Expensive but Tastes Great”

Edwardo's Natural Pizza
Ranked #52 of 146 Restaurants in Oak Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I highly recommend the stuffed pizzas even though they are expensive. I'd really like to try other things on their menu, but my first choice was so good I go back to it every time. We have never been disappointed with the food. The award-winning stuffed pizzas are out-of-this-world. We always look for coupons in ClipperMagazine since the pizzas are pricey. We usually order two medium pizzas - one All Meat Combo and one Edwardo's Special (the works) and have plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week. Which is good because the total is $44.50 before tax. I feel that adding green olives to the Edwardo's Special really makes that pizza great. We've only ever ordered take out or pick up from Edwardo's so I can't say much about the service, but the inside looks a bit dated. A few times we have waited a long time for delivery and seen the driver pass our apartment and then have to come back so I would recommend pickup.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Unfortunately, we will not have this pizza again even though it is so convenient, close to home! They call it deep dish but it is a thin crust with about three quarters of an inch of cheese...so chewy and not the best quality light buttery, touch of salty cheese ...just a gooey mess.....the crust tastes like flavorless matzo and the sauce is very bland like ragu. What a colossal waste of $18 bucks. I don't know how they can call it Chicago pizza!