“Ur paying for the plates ur eating on. And you will chose from what they have in stock NOT on menu”

New Rebozo Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
New Rebozo Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 144 Restaurants in Oak Park
Price range: US$14 - US$45
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Francisco Lopez, known as Chef Paco, of New Rebozo started in Oak Park. He is eccentric, fun, enthusiastic about food and the most welcoming person you will ever come to meet. Paco is the Chef/Owner of one of The Best Authentic Mexican Restaurants in the Chicago land area as voted by the Mexican government, an honor many patrons agree with. To ensure a healthier menu and contradictory to many Mexican restaurants. Paco's specials are always innovative with traditional roots and seasonal ingredients. Over the years, New Rebozo has been given awards for its authenticity and just downright great food. The passion and love that comes through every member of the New Rebozo staff is intoxicating and will bring you back time and time again.
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The salsa for the chips tastes like hunters tomato can sauce.... the margarita had a broken straw which I could see the huge gash right down the straw... I asked for a torta and they said the guy didn't go get the bread so he can make me a guarache. I asked for steak and got breaded milanesa!!! And the guarache looked like a over breaded muvy chicharron. I asked the waiter about it and they said that's all they had. When I asked the waitress about forms of payment she didn't know!!!A total 0 for me. I don't see how wgn would rate this as a good restaurant as has check please! No good. 1st and def. Last visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

My husband decided he had a taste for Mexican food tonight and asked me to take care of the plans. Our usual restaurant for Mexican has not been up to par during our last few visits so I decided to search for someplace new. I found this restaurant and I have to say we had an amazing experience. Shortly after our arrival we were greeted by Chef Paco who explained the specials, in great detail they would be serving tonight. We ordered the salad sampler which was excellent. My husband had the pork special which was fantastic and I had the tilapia tacos that each had a different salsa on top which was delicious. The service was great and Paco came out a couple of times to see how we were enjoying our meal which we appreciated. We will definitely go back as this was an amazing meal!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

You absolutely must go to this restaurant. This is the location near Superior - and the tortillas were being made fresh on the sidewalk. Authentic REAL Mexican food - the mole was to die for. Paco made it the best. Te amo !

Reviewed 24 July 2013

What a gem! Chef Paco personally greeted us at the door and after we were seated came to our table excited to share the specials. The drinks were generous and tasty and the food was AMAZING! It was great Mexican food with high quality ingredients and artistic flare. The restaurant's interior is small but cozy and inviting. The outdoor patio is lovely and our favorite spot. Family friendly early in the evening.

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I've been wowed and amazed by this place in the past but wonder if there's been a kitchen change or they just had an off night because on this visit their food was just good. They do inventive and authentic moles that are a real treat. Their special guacamole with jicama and strawberries is a real treat. Their refreshing margaritas are made with fresh juices. For some if the staff, English is a second language so communicating can be a challenge - just confirm your order and you're fine. They are all very helpful and polite.

The owner is a sweetheart. If you're lucky he'll be there when you go. He's charming and passionate about his food. "Oh My God" is his favorite phrase when describing a dish and he's right. When the kitchen is on, you will be saying the same thing. On my last visit I had a special that night - their fish tacos. Each was topped with a different fruit based salsa. Unfotunately, they were all kind of bland. :(. Others at the table had similar comments about their food. Even on an off night they are delicious. Just know when they are on, they are phenomenal!

1  Thank ChrisfromChicago