“Deep Dish Pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 126 Restaurants in Oak Park
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Crofton, Maryland
“Deep Dish Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Chicago is famous for many things and one of them is deep dish pizza. If you ask around, Lou Malnati's is always a top recommendation and you will not be disappointed. My wife and I did the Frank Lloyd Wright tour then walked to Lou Malnati's for lunch. It has outdoor seating and garage doors that open the whole front of the restaurant to the outside for that outdoor experience with no wind, no car noise, and air conditioning.

The Bruschetta appetizer was just ok so I would skip it. However, the Malnati Chicago Classic pizza was amazing and was exactly the deep dish sausage pizza experience that I was looking for. My wife and I shared a medium and we could not finish it. It was extremely filling and delicious.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Great Pizza and salad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stopped in for a late lunch. Rachel our server did an excellent job taking care of our needs. The aesthetics of this establishment are absolutely wonderful! I ordered a single dinner salad and it was more than enough for my wife and I to share. Fresh veggies on an awesome plate.
The deep dish butter crust pizza at Lou's is always fabulous! My son enjoyed the crustless pizza offering with pepperoni. Overall a fantastic trip to Lou's!

• Visited July 2014
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“A truly wonderful meal, start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were in Chicago for the afternoon, and decided ahead of time to go to Lou Malnati’s in Oak Park. Our experience could not have been better. The restaurant itself is really attractive, in a great, upscale neighborhood, with easy parking (either in their lot behind the restaurant, or down the street in a ramp, or even on the street, as spots were open.) The front walls of windows were open (think garage doors, raised), so the restaurant spilled out onto the front sidewalk, with attractive flower planters delineating the dining area from pedestrians. Our server, Tammy, was very welcoming, attentive, offered suggestions when we asked for them, and was one of the very best servers I have had anywhere. I should say the hostess was very nice, too, and made us feel welcome. To save time, we called ahead by about 10 minutes, and got our pizza started. We began with the Malnati salad, and I have never had a salad I liked better. I am craving it right now. The timing ended up being perfect, and our medium deep dish Chicago Classic pizza came when we were just finished with our salads. It was perfectly cooked, the tomatoes in the sauce had such rich flavor, and the sausage was incredibly good. And the buttercrust. Wow. Let me just say, my husband and I ate the whole medium pizza. For dessert, we split the larger chocolate chip pizza. It came warm, smothered with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Heavenly. To top it all off, the prices were very reasonable. Truly one of the best meals we have ever had, and I can’t wait to go back.

Doha, Qatar
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Amazing location, fantastic service which was very timely, but when it came down to the Deep Dish Pizza, their specialty, I found it very underwhelming. It lacked taste so badly; I had to add salt, hot pepper flakes and cheese. I thought this was the best Deep Dish Chicago had to offer. Maybe not.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome deep dish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We went there with a friend from the area because she said it was the best. I agree best we had slightly better than Gino's east. We started with the hose salad with the Lemmon garlic parmesan dressing it was ok. We had the classic deep dish and left full and happy. I gave only four genoa east got five stars because the service at geno's was much more professional

Visited May 2014