“Very Clean and Friendly staff”

La Quinta Inn Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at the LaQuinta in Oakbrook Terrace, Il while visiting for a 40th High School class reunion being held nearby. The staff was very friendly. I received a call from the front desk inquiring if my room met my expectations. I never experienced that even from the high end hotels I have stayed in. I will always stay at a LaQuinta in the future. I highly recommend them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

A La Quinta traveler
DeWitt, Iowa, USA
Reviewed 29 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel has been renovated in the last year. The rooms were quiet, comfortable and nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly. For $75 a night, we were blocks from Oak Brook Center, 15 minutes from Brookfield Zoo and close enough to the freeway to get downtown. The breakfast is nothing special, but there are tons of places to eat close by. When we travel, we spend minimal time in our room. Why pay $200 a night at the Hyatt down the street when I'll spend the majority of time in the room with my eyes closed! I would go back because it's affordable and clean, and allows me to splurge on meals out and fun adventures instead of a room I spend 8 hours asleep in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have stayed at this LaQuinta many times due to its proximity to Loyola Medical Center.
It has been mostly nice, and since I am a Rewards member, I usually get the room I request.
This time our stay was for 3 nights, and the room I requested was not available. I did get a room with a microwave and fridge, which we needed for meds and items for tests being done at hospital. The room was not clean, I had to clean the bedside tables, they had sticky drink rings on them. The bed was fine, upholstered chair was dirty, the bathroom had several cracked floor tiles, the grout was peeling and dirty around the sink. The drain plug came out and was filthy! The tub was equally filthy, almost black in spots and the ring around the shower head was just hanging there. The air conditioner kept trying to turn off, but just clicked an started back up, we finally turned it off so it wouldn't burn out and the constant clicking was keeping us awake. The second day, we left about 10 am for the hospital and told the front desk about the air conditioner and said we would be back much later, I was assured it would be taken care of.
When we returned, the tip money was gone, no extra towels that I had requested, the bathroom was not clean, kleenex box was thrown on the counter(it was left with 1 tissure when we checked in) no new toilet paper ( again, left half full on check in with no spare), the bed was not made and i am very sure nothing was done in the room, except take the tip! I called LaQuinta rewards for an isue with my rewards points and asked for the complaint department, she took my concerns herself and called the manager. When she came back on the line, they had offered to change rooms, and the room I requested was magically now available and SPOTLESS. I said we had just heard my husband was going to be admitted to the hospital that evening and would not pack our stuff up twice (Loyola has rooms that family can stay in with the patient).I thanked the Rewards person for her help and let it go since I was leaving in the morning. The front desk then called to ask us to move rooms again and again I explained about the hospital situation and I was not moving twice. She asked what she could do, I said take a few dollars off the nights stay since I was staying that night by myself. She said she couldn't do that for a kleenex box on the counter instead of in the holder. I said fine, but I was writing to LaQuinta corporate anyway. About 10 minutes later, I got another call from the front desk saying they were giving me the night at no charge. Pretty sad, I have to find a different and (most likely) more expensive hotel in the area because the general manager can't take care of two properties (also Wilowbrook, IL).

Room Tip: Check the reviews and general manager out before booking
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Using La Quinta Reservations by phone, everything was screwed up. I was charged for a no show reservation 500 miles from where I was to stay. Thank God they had a room available on 4th of July weekend where I needed to be. I was charged for a no show at the property 500 miles from where I stayed. A note to La Quinta citing the problem, they corrected it. Good business, so I am back. Treat me right, I'll stick with you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Because I'd stayed in LaQuinta Inns before, I was neither disappointed nor surprised by this particular one. The hotel itself is fairly difficult to find, being hidden behind businesses on the main drag, and sandwiched in next a Home Depot. While the lobby and hallways were clean, they were badly in need of some renovation, decorated in an "early 90s" motif. The room, however, was apparently recently renovated because it was clean, pleasant, and modern looking. Literally, my only two complaints with the room were (1) the sink stopper didn't hold the water in the sink (making cleaning contact lenses a bit of a crap shoot), and (2) when the heat kicked in it really made quite a racket. The front desk staff were very pleasant and quick to do their job, and the continental breakfast in the morning was adequate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
La Quinta Inn Chicago Willowbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to La Quinta Inn Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!