“Poor quality of service from Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The service from the Desk staff is less than acceptable. Plan to be treated by rudeness on the phone and upon arrival. If you enjoy unhappy people and unfriendly service then this is your place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth R
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your honest response. We take seriously all feedback and are in the process of addressing your concerns regarding our front office service. Service is most important to us and I want to assure you that you will not experience this again at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times before without a problem (in addition to most of the other Hilton properties in Oak Brook). Unfortunately, my stay at this hotel on September 13 (Room 536) was very disappointing due to a couple noise problems. First, for some unknown reason there was a constant knocking sound (louder in the bathroom) coming from something on the roof. Imagine someone hammering nonstop in an otherwise "quiet" room. Although the engineer attempted to fix it, the noise returned around midnight (and again at 5 am). Roman, the manager on duty, was less than helpful when I called back to complain. The hotel (and sister property Hilton Suites were sold out), so moving was not possible. His offer of a free breakfast (coupled with $15 off my bill) was less than inviting and did not fulfill the hotel's promise of customer satisfaction: "Introducing the Hilton Garden Inn Promise: we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you're satisfied, or you don't pay. You can count on us. GUARANTEED." I refused both. I just wanted the noise to stop. I had just driven 8 hours that day and had another 3 hour drive the following morning. I just wanted to sleep. Second, the air conditioning unit in the room next door was so loud (the engineer speculated it was a compressor issue) and the guests had it set to run constantly. The engineer suggested I ask them to turn it off. So, before you stay here, I'd suggest you investigate the room first.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank T H
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that we were not able to provide you a comfortable nights stay, and since this occurrence, we have reviewed the noise issues with our team and rememdied the cause. That said we will stand beind our guarantee and will be contacting you to follow up. Please accept my apologies, and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The property appears to be a little older but kept in reasonable shape. No issues with the hotel but nothing outstanding to rave about either. An average, solid Hilton Garden Inn but for me that's not a bad thing. It is tricky to get to especially coming west from Chicago. There is no clear Drury Lane exit and I had to go past it and double back to be able to get off at the right exit. There are absolutely no places to eat or get groceries anywhere nearby so take care of that before you get there. In the same complex with the Drury Lane Theater. Took advantage of that and saw a wonderful production of "Next to Normal" the evening of my stay. Shortest commute home from the theater I've ever had.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Conveniently located near Oak Brook Mall, Roosevelt Road, and other major highways, this hotel is always a sure bet for cleanliness and basic amenities. Nice to have the Mini Pantry at the front desk for a snack 24/7.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The value was excellent for bed and breakfast. We were very happy with the room which is spacious and had excellent internet access. The breakfast is buffet style in general and with a choice of omelets cooked to order on week days. We stayed 7 days and enjoyed the hotel gym and pool also. The gym is small but sufficient. The pool is too small for laps. There is a jacuzzi besides the pool which is excellent for relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had a recent pleasant stay at this hotel. The staff was not as friendly as other Hilton properties I have been at, but all was passable. The pool is a decent size, but bring your towel from your room, as no one restocked them that morning. The rooms were quiet and the beds fairly comfortable. This area is not pedestrian friendly. I have done better at the Hampton of late.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My experience would have been a lot better if the hotel had provided room service everyday. Although I was very unhappy with the accommodations I was still happy with the way I was treated. With Hilton Suites next door and when you looked at all the services they provide, perhaps you feel a little cheated with what is provided at Hilton Garden Inn. I know they pay a little more. I just dont believe room should be sacrifice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!