“great value”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I always stay at this hotel when I am staying in the suburbs. I grew up in this area and this is a great location. Hotel is clean, modern, very efficient for an affordable rate. Walking distance to Oak Brook Shopping Ctr, many places to eat, movies, and 25-30 minutes to Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Clean, Kind and Quiet... everything I've come to know and love in most all Hilton properties. Speedy check in by friendly customer service agents. Assistance in finding the fitness center and directing me to breakfast times. I've stayed here a handful of times and never had a bad experience. Parking can sometimes be a little bit of a challenge due to Drury Convention Center being right there... but that's been few and far between.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We needed a place to stay for a wedding we were playing in downtown Chicago. The hotel chosen by the bride and groom would have been 3x the cost of the Hilton in Oakbrook Terrace. This hotel made our stay a breeze. Easy parking any time of day, clean, upscale and comfortable! The only down side was that we had to face traffic to get into downtown Chicago even on a Saturday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife called to speak to me and was told that I was not staying in the hotel (even though she gave my room and name). I am a Diamond member and they waited until I arrived at 8:30pm to assign my room so I didn't get a room even close to what I had requested. The "adjustable" bed was horrible - it wouldn't adjust and left me with a sore back and in pain the next day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the confusion with the understanding of the last name. Our agent was mistaken in spelling this and therefore led to the confusion over your status. We have since reviewed this example with your team and assure you it will not happen again. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel was very well taken care of, with very helpful staff. Hotel was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Only downside is they are further out of Chicago than they claim to be. Took us closer to 40 min. with regular Chicago traffic. But overall terrific stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The service from the Desk staff is less than acceptable. Plan to be treated by rudeness on the phone and upon arrival. If you enjoy unhappy people and unfriendly service then this is your place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth R
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your honest response. We take seriously all feedback and are in the process of addressing your concerns regarding our front office service. Service is most important to us and I want to assure you that you will not experience this again at our hotel.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times before without a problem (in addition to most of the other Hilton properties in Oak Brook). Unfortunately, my stay at this hotel on September 13 (Room 536) was very disappointing due to a couple noise problems. First, for some unknown reason there was a constant knocking sound (louder in the bathroom) coming from something on the roof. Imagine someone hammering nonstop in an otherwise "quiet" room. Although the engineer attempted to fix it, the noise returned around midnight (and again at 5 am). Roman, the manager on duty, was less than helpful when I called back to complain. The hotel (and sister property Hilton Suites were sold out), so moving was not possible. His offer of a free breakfast (coupled with $15 off my bill) was less than inviting and did not fulfill the hotel's promise of customer satisfaction: "Introducing the Hilton Garden Inn Promise: we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you're satisfied, or you don't pay. You can count on us. GUARANTEED." I refused both. I just wanted the noise to stop. I had just driven 8 hours that day and had another 3 hour drive the following morning. I just wanted to sleep. Second, the air conditioning unit in the room next door was so loud (the engineer speculated it was a compressor issue) and the guests had it set to run constantly. The engineer suggested I ask them to turn it off. So, before you stay here, I'd suggest you investigate the room first.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank T H
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that we were not able to provide you a comfortable nights stay, and since this occurrence, we have reviewed the noise issues with our team and rememdied the cause. That said we will stand beind our guarantee and will be contacting you to follow up. Please accept my apologies, and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!