“Great Experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Missouri, United States
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The front desk staff were wonderful, very professional, helpful and friendly. The room was clean and quiet. Perfect location. They have a really sweet breakfrast buffet! I will Definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I visited the Chicago area in early May. We chose this hotel location because it was near family. The hotel is exactly what we expected from Hilton. It was beautifully decorated, clean and (most of) the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was absolutely beautiful, clean and very comfortable. The hotel location was great for us. Restaurants and shopping were very close. It also was not too far from the Brookfield Zoo, which would have been a great place to visit, if we had the time. The breakfast was pretty nice. Our rate did not include the breakfast so we had to pay extra. $9.95 for continental and $12.95 for the full buffet, including meats, potatoes and made-to-order eggs or omelet. I was disappointed that I could not get a made-to-order waffle, which they had listed on the menu. The one thing that really made me unhappy was the poor customer service we received as we stopped at the desk on our way out of the hotel. The desk clerk was too busy to help with an issue with my HHonors account. This was such a different attitude from the wonderfully helpful clerk that checked us into the hotel, so I was quite surprised by her attitude. The parking situation was a tight since the lot is shared with a theater. But, there is an adjacent parking deck that had plenty of parking when we arrived to back to the hotel after our evening out. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for its convenience, cleanliness, comfort and mostly-friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Oakbrook Terrace, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Interesting quiet, discreet venue for any type of function. Every staff member was helpful. Breakfast was hot, fresh and several choices offered. Definitely I would stay again and recommend for business, pleasure and quick getaway.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Danville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The lobby was open and clean looking and the employees were relatively friendly, but that's about it. The parking lot is shared with a theater and a Hilton. There are signs near the hotel that say that parking is for hotel guests only, but it's not enforced and the lot is mostly full when there is a theater event. There is more parking in a garage across the street, but it's not very convenient when you have luggage.

My room was not at the Hilton standard of clean. There were pieces of trash under the bed and I saw small ants on more than one occasion near the desk. There was also a balled up sock in the closet when I opened the door upon arrival.

The air handler has a motion sensor, so the room heats up (I was there on a hot May week) while you are gone and takes quite a while (hours) to cool down when you get back. It's not very refreshing to come back to. The same thing happens while you are sleeping.

A positive that I can say about the hotel is that it is located very close to the Salt Creek trail, offering nearly endless running/biking/walking throughout its connections in Chicagoland. The hotel isn't terrible, just for what you expect from the Hilton brand and price category. Overall, stay at the Doubletree.

Hinsdale, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife & I stayed at this hotel in the past and we were very pleased with our stay. However, this time we had several problems. First of all, the room clock was set wrong & could not be adjusted since all the clocks in the hotel were supposedly wired together. When I called the front desk, they said someone would come up to fix it. No one showed up. Secondly, the bed was supposed to have a control to set the firmness of the mattress. This bed had no control. Also, I asked for an allergy-free room with a machine that purifies the air since my wife has trouble breathing. Yet when we first entered the room, it was filled with an obnoxious odor that smelled like disinfectant. Lastly, the hotel promised that breakfast would include made to order omelettes. However, the next morning the chef was gone. He was at a nearby Hilton Suites preparing breakfast there. I notified the hotel manager of these problems & she assured me that our next stay would be more comfortable. We'll see .....

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has an adjustable mattress. Also, make sure that a chef is available the next mo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Double Oak, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stay at Hilton properties frequently, but it would be hard to beat the super friendly greeting I received from Nicoleta Williams.

It took me 2 days (due to equipment, weather and a fire in a control tower) to arrive Chicago from Dallas but she went out of her way to make me comfortable.

I was efficiently checked in and my "special request breakfast" was made to order each day.

Keep up the customer focused attention - it's a blessing to us frequent travelers

Marie

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and the Hotel was more than adequate. Very clean and roomy. Service and staff were friendly and I was not disappointed with anything. The beds were a type of memory foam vs a traditional mattress but I think you can request different bedding if you want. Plenty of parking and I would stay here again

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NWILLIAMS73, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel. Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and I am very pleased that you received that attention.
We look forwrd to an opportunity to serve you again in the future. You can cont on us!

Best Regads,

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!