“A wonderful stay and an excellent price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Frankfort, United States
“A wonderful stay and an excellent price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Everything was very clean and well maintained! I forgot my toothpaste and was going to buy a small tube from the hotel shop and when I took it up to the lady she said that she could front me a few complimentary packs to get me through my stay. Saved me a couple of bucks, but the nice gesture went a long way!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

NWILLIAMS73, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad you had a wonderful experience at experience at Hilton Garden Inn.

We hope to see you again next time you are in Chicago.

Best Regards,

Nicoleta Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bay City, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Find a restaurant nearby because the Hilton needs every dollar they can get. Especially when up charging at the bar. Maybe they could make reoccurring customers with complementary waters instead of $3…. i'll drink out of the faucet.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jeff H
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The following are the primary reasons my stay was unsatisfactory:

-Upon entering the hotel lobby, I could not even tell if I was in the right place. It looks like the entrance to a restaurant, not a hotel lobby. It was embarrassing, and I'm shocked that the Hilton name is on it.

-The revolving door to enter the lobby was unpredictable and it closed directly on me on more than one occasion.

-Room temperature bottles of water in my room, with little signs on them that state it will cost $3 if I open them. Three dollars for a bottle of water in a Hilton hotel room? Incredible.

-There was a sticky substance on the night stand that I inadvertently put my hand into. I shudder to think what the substance was.

-The king-size bed seemed broken or tilted. It felt like I was being pulled towards one side, as if the mattress was lower on that side. The mattress felt like it was beaten up or too soft on that side, and it felt like I was sleeping on a hill.

-There was construction noise coming from rooms near mine. After 7 hours of driving, I get into my hotel room and lie down for a nap, and suddenly it's BANG BANG BANG for the next couple of hours. The hotel staff called me to let me know there would be some noise (they called me well after the noise started). The person offered me a free drink to make up for the noise. Again, this is the Hilton treatment?

-We were told the bar closes at 10pm. We got there at 9pm to have a drink and it was closed. Never mind the fact that the "bar" consisted of a big cupboard full of liquor. The bar cupboard was closed and locked, and the front desk person said that it closed early. When I asked why, he said "Because there were no customers". I informed him that we are customers, but he said there was nothing he could do. The best he did was inform us that the hotel on the other side of the parking lot had a bar that was probably still open. So we went to that hotel bar. Unbelievable.

-Breakfast was disgusting. I realize that hotel breakfast buffets are not always very good, but this was exceptionally gross. I asked one of the attendants if the scrambled eggs were fresh. She said they were "liquid eggs". I don't even know what that means. But they tasted like something that would be called "liquid eggs". I took one bite and was repulsed. They also have an omelette station with a person cooking custom orders. So I asked that person to cook me some fresh scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs were the first thing I learned how to cook when I was about 8 years old. I don't know how to even screw them up as bad as these were. It looked like eggs were cracked into a pan that was way too hot, they were whipped with a spatula for 5 seconds, then slapped on my plate. Rubbery, somewhat burnt, and no consistent color. I felt ripped off. $13 breakfast for my choice between liquid egg pile, or a pathetic overcooked egg abomination. I love breakfast, and I felt seriously disappointed that I wasted my time with this buffet. I should have not been lazy and just drove to Dennys. It should be embarrassing that Denny's is the benchmark of quality here, in comparison to Hilton.

My family was in town for a funeral service. Several of us stayed at this hotel. They all have a laundry list of complaints, but I'll let them fill out their own surveys. I hate driving. I hate driving in or near Chicago. I hate staying in hotels. This hotel was just insult to injury. It just figures that I paid to stay at a hotel called Hilton, and it was about as good of an experience as I would expect at a cheapo motor inn. If "Garden Inn" is your version of a cheaper hotel, then just call it that. Call it "Hilton's crappy, cheaper version that really has no business being called Hilton". Putting "Garden Inn" after the name is ridiculous, and must be your marketing department's attempt to mislead people. Well, it worked. You got me!

Room Tip: Check to see if there is a sign on the outside of the building that says "Hilton Garden Inn.&qu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NWILLIAMS73, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. On behalf of entire team of the Hilton Garden Inn , I would like to further extend to you my sincerest apology as I understand from your comments that there were many challenges with your recent stay with us. The circumstances which you encountered were by no means typical of the standards established at our hotel.
We definitely appreciate your business and that you took the time to offer your feedback. Feedback from our valued guests serves as not only a way for us to reach out to you, but also as a tool we can use for continued training and improvements to our service. I am regretful that your concerns were not properly addressed during stay. I can assure you that it is not a common occurrence and thus it is unfortunate that you had to deal with this mishap.
Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance.

Nicoleta Williams
manassas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was satisfied with my stay at Hilton Garden Inn. the room was clean, close to the elevator, family was close by. easy access from main highway. staff friendly, breakfast was excellent. also the service. I was there attending a family reunion. this survey should be 200 characters. it need to be less. many people do not have the time to fill out a survey that is 200 characters long.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

NWILLIAMS73, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the staff very friendly and our breakfast to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our weekend stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was one of the most pleasant ones we have ever experienced. From the prompt shuttle service to the front line staff to housekeeping, everything was handled with top notch service and friendly staff. The beds were perfect also!

Crestview Hills, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Good things: very nice staff, beautiful lobby, good breakfast=$12.95. Nice room and room location=trees at back of hotel. Mattress needed replacing, $3 for a bottle of water in the room=outrageous. Advice=test the bed before accepting the room, bring your own drinks/snacks because there is a refrigerator in the room.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was in Oakbrook with some family on a shopping trip and the location of this hotel is very close to Oakbrook Center where we were shopping. Upon arriving to the hotel I was pleasantly surprised to see air purifiers in the room. The room was clean and beds comfortable. I was disappointed by the hotel charging extra for the breakfast it offered. I have stayed at similar scale hotels and for the items they were offering, most other hotels would include in the room rate. If I'm going to pay extra for this type of food it should be more variety and better quality.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!