“Terrible service!”

Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
“Terrible service!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The facilities in this hotel is okay but the service is completely terrible. The manager is rude and kind of impatient. I have booked a two beds suite for three nights a month ago. But the hotel did not contact me to updates the reservation. When I arrived there, they told me there is no two beds suite for me. What they offered was upgrading the suite with $100/night fee or staying in the one bed suite. The manager refused to cancel the reservation and charged the full price. What makes me very uncomfortable is their attitude is terribly arrogant and they only cared about money instead of the feeling of customers. That maybe how they run their business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Zege,

I am dissappointed we did not meet your expectations. Sometimes when you book through a 3rd party website it can be confusing. I suggest the next time you book a reservation to go to the hotels website or call the hotel directly to avoid any misunderstanding. Thank you for the feedback and we will communicate to the 3rd party websites to try and make it more clear for our travelors.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Until this morning, I would have said that this property was a near perfect place for my husband, daughter, dog, cat & I to stay during a move. Moves are stressful, but the hot breakfast daily, great coffee, FREE use of washers and dryers and convenient location added up to a great place to stay. Then I woke up to find my cat missing and panicked. I went to the front desk, and they told me that yes, they'd found her. They took me to a vacant hotel room, where they'd set her up with a litter tray, food and water. She was still scared and hiding under the bed, BUT I was so appreciative of their great care of her. Thanks Staybridge for your amazing staff! and a TOP RATED stay!

Room Tip: This is a quiet "office park" sort of area, so all the rooms are find.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
bctravels54,

We are so glad you love our hotel and our staff. This is exactly the kind of culture we have created and love to hear we are delivering it. We are happy you were reunited with you cat, as we know our pets are like our children. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

It's hard to formulate an appropriate review considering the conflicting circumstances. Where do I start, I know, with the positive.

This hotels had to have one of the best group of staff members that you could EVER ask for! Everyone was extremely nice, friendly, and helpful... I mean, above and beyond helpful. That was a pleasant surprise. Now for the cons.

My room (#218) had to be one of the most pitiful rooms that I've ever stayed in at a 3 star joint. The carpet looked wet, like it had just been cleaned earlier that morning, but it wasn't. There was this huge red stain in the middle of the living room floor, and it reeked of sourness (is that even a word) or wet dog maybe. I know that families with kids tend to get the crappier rooms, but we weren't given the crappy room discount. We actually paid a premium I believe.

Then, to make matters worse, there was this huge pee stain on the couchbed mattress. I had to get several plastic trash bags to cover it up and use multiple blankets from the closet before I let my kids go to sleep on it. The icing on the cake was the manager's reception. The guy that was cooking the burgers, dogs, and links was super nice. But he unintentionally got my wife and I sick. I was on the plane early the next morning nauseated from eating undercooked meat. Apparently he made my family and I some brats on the grill outside. They were pretty seared, so I assumed that they were done. Only after breaking off the third link as I was eating did I notice that the meat was still RAW in the center. But of course it was too late by then. At least I didn't have to puke it up.

That, and the only other thing was that it took an hour to get to the airport (MDW) from this hotel, so plan accordingly. Oh, and there's no pool... but even if there was, you'd probably want to stay indoors due to the shear number of bugs and critters that call this area home. There's this marsh area across the street that seems to just attract them.

2 Thank Rabalicious
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Rabalicious,

I am sorry to hear we did not deliver the quality we strive to give each of our guests. Cleanliness is obviously a very important part of our business and we take pride in delivering that to each guest. Would you please contact me directly, as I would like to talk with you personally about this situation. I can be reached at 630-953-9393.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Rooms are clean, breakfast is OK (better than average 3*). Front desk is very attentive and friendly. Sofabed in our room was broken. They moved us to another room and waived one night fee. Location isn't close to anything, but it works if you have a car.

CanRu,

I am dissapointed to hear about the sofabed. I will have maintenance look into that immediately. Happy to hear the front desk took care of you and I hope you were satisfied with the resolution. I hope to see you again soon and I appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is one of my favorite hideouts. It's conveniently located, the rooms are quite spacious, and the prices are usually very reasonable. Also the staff is accommodating and the breakfast is excellent. I would recommend, and have recommended, this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2013
DMMcBride,

I am happy to hear you love our hotel. Our staff is trained to meet your every need and it makes us proud to hear they have been meeting your expectations. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you stay again.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I have a family of 7 and the kitchen was a plus., The front staff and breakfast and social staff were Amazing!!!!! Laundry is a huge plus tooThanks guys you made our 2 week stay easy. Only down side is no pool or hot tub any more

• Stayed June 2013
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Merroz78,

I am happy you were able to take advantage of our many ammenities during your two week stay. Thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My Husband, myself and our two grown sons stayed at this hotel at the beginning of June. The downtown hotels were mostly booked up and crazy expensive. We were a bit worried about being too far from the main attractions and driving and parking, but it worked out great. We were extremely pleased with the hotel and the amenities it offered: free parking, great breakfast, two rooms with two TV's, a well equipped kitchen and even a shuttle to the nearest train station (which we never had to use). Driving to town was no more than 30 minutes and fairly easy. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the location nice and quiet, yet close to a main highway and many shops and restaurants. Also free high speed internet which worked very well. All in all a great place to stay and a great value.

Room Tip: Higher floor with a view to the pond was nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
LilianSW,

I appreciate the great feedback. I am glad you found many of our amenities to be usefull. I will pass on the great service Elanor provided to you and your family. We enjoy hearing the success stories.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Lombard/Oak Brook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!