We recently stayed at this hotel, since it was within reasonable distance from Midway Chicago Airport. I was disappointed about staying here, there was construction going on inside the lobby of the hotel and close to the front desk, and they had dust all over the floor that you carry on your shoes to your room. They had a problem with the electronic cards, so they did not give us a key, but instead the front desk girl had to open the doors for us. We were a bit hesitance about it, since we left our Ipad’s and luggage in the room, but they were there when we came back and the lady had to come back again and open the room for us. I was not impressed with their breakfast is more of a continental breakfast than anything else, and the space it’s small so when there is people in the place where you get you food it can get crowed it quickly.
The customer service was bad, they did not clean our room even after we set up a time and told them we wanted someone to take the garbage out, and do a light cleaning. They told us that the lady who clean was sick; well that is not my problem, they should have a contingency plan and deliver their promises; so that was bad customer service in my opinion, the same as bad service from a guy at the front desk who I called to request more toilet paper since we run out of it. I told him if he can deliver some at our room, 1 hour later still no toilet paper, I just went to the front desk and asked the guy for toilet paper and he gave me one roll. Speaking of bathrooms they do not have a fan in the restroom, so when we entered our room I kept smelling some musky odor that I did not like. The bed was kind noise, and not very comfortable, the only good thing this hotel has is a good location in Oakbrook terrace IL where other nice hotels are, and the insulation in the rooms is good because you don’t here other people in other rooms but you can hear them in the hall way. If you want maid service for your room this is not the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Chicago-Oak Brook is an all suite upgraded hotel located ideally in the heart of the new renaissance business district of Oakbrook. Each suite, features fully-equipped kitchens complete with pots, pans, dishes and utensils. Double bed sofa sleeper in each suite. Work area is well lit with an expansive desk and ergonomical chair, free high-speed WiFi Internet in suite & throughout entire hotel. Two phone lines with a direct dial phone number and personalized voice mail. Free bountiful hot breakfast buffet is offered every morning. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening a Sundowner Reception offers a lite dinner entree with free beer, wine and sodas. Library, business center, board room, free guest laundry, fitness center and whirlpool tub. Located 20 miles from downtown Chicago/McCormick Place. Negotiated Corporate rates available. Headquarter hotel for: Joint Commission, MicroTek, SAP, Exelon, McDonald's Corp, IBM, Crowe Horwath, GE, Elkay, & BrainLab. Favored hotel for patients and visitors to Loyola Medical Center in Maywood. Free shuttle to & from office and area attractions. Free ample Parking. Motorcoach Tour groups most welcomed. Close to popular attractions Brookfield Zoo, Morton Arboretum, numerous Golf Courses, two extensive shopping malls. Pet friendly hotel (pet fees & restrictions do apply!). Guaranteed check in time is 3:00 PM daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Staybridge Suites Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Staybridge Suites