“Free Accomadation For Three Nights” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace

Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Free Accomadation For Three Nights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked three nights accommodation and as a result of the Reward Night points I had accumulated, it was free for the three nights.

I had decided not to stay in central Chicago and picked an area about 20 miles away but by a main line station to get in and out of Chicago as the weekend rates are cheap and you can park free in the station car park.

The facilities here are like Candlewood Suites, a kitchen with microwave, fridge/freezer, separate bedroom etc. Breakfast is served here, cereals, orange juice, scrambled eggs, sausages (chipolatas), toast and coffee.

There is a Roadhouse restaurant around the corner but to be honest in the evening it is empty, it appears to cater for the lunchtime business trade.

I would return again. No idea how much it should have cost me, but as it was my last few nights in the USA, who cares.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralMgr60181, Public Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for positive feedback and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

The Management Team of the Staybridge Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nashville, TN USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had expected a bit nicer experience.
The hotel parking was full and I had to park on the street.
Check in was simple and fast. The lobby was pretty large and overlooked some water, but had a very cramped feel.
The next day I was disappointed to find the lobby was under some sort of renovation.
I was directed to the elevator which constantly was busy and in my stay I never found an alternative elevator to avoid the crowd. The waiting are for elevator was in hallway and people tended to be blocking each other all the time.
Room key did not work, easy fix except for waiting for the elevator.
Room was great. I loved it.
Comfortable and plenty of space.
It was not a bad stay, but nothing caused me to want to return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralMgr60181, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Pine129,
Thank you choosing the Staybridge Suites during your recent stay in the area. The lobby renovation is wrapping up and is looking great but thank you for your patience.We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My fiance, his family, and I were visiting the area to attend some rather last minute wedding plans for his youngest sister. Due to some rather challenging dietary restrictions, I almost always book a hotel room that has a fridge/cooking area whenever Im away from home for more than one day so Im able to make myself food, since dining out can be rather challenging/limited at times.

After reading some reviews of this property, I was a bit concerned about the possibility of excess noise and chaos due to noted "construction" at this location. So I decided to call and speak with a reservation agent to find out if construction had been completed yet or not. I was informed that all construction/renovations had been completed on the actual rooms and the only portion(s) left were "some very minor details on the main lobby/dining area" and since I would be visiting on weekend days "construction workers wont be working on Sat/ Sun" anyhow.... OK. Good enough. The price was reasonable and I figured as long as I wasn't going to be woken by pounding and banging at 8AM than the rest was ignorable.

Apon arrival I realized that "minor details" weren't exactly so minor. Not to mention I literally had to walk over construction workers on many occasions as they were finishing the flooring/edging that lead to the only path/hallway to the elevator...the very, VERY slow elevator. (we were on the very top, 4th floor, and it was easily three to four times faster to simply walk up the 4 flights of stairs than wait)

Our room was decent enough. A bit small, but Im sure we opted for a smaller room vs paying more for something larger. The bed was comfortable. Room seemed somewhat updated with a modern back-splash in the kitchen, etc. My two complaints were that the kitchen was minimally stocked. Many less utensils than most locations. Not even a vegetable peeler or bottle opener. And the "new" cabinets/drawers were some of the cheapest things I have ever encountered. Half the drawers would barely roll out and it was a constant game of tug-o-war just to get in and out of the things.

Additionally, I was not overly impressed with the staff at the front desk. On several occasions the desk was left unattended and I was unable to find anyone to assist me.... only to realize it was because they/he was standing out front, smoking away on a cigarette. If I would pop my head out to ask a question they would simply answer my inquiry and carry right on with their cigarette break.... very unprofessional. I never received the same kind of service that some have reported.

One thing I somehow missed in my research was that this location doesn't have a any kind of pool facility either.

All things considered, I would look to stay at a different hotel if I was ever in the area again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GeneralMgr60181, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear TravelNgrl_12,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about challenges you encountered in the room but we are most disappointed to hear about your customer service experience. You are right it was unprofessional to be smoking in the front entrance, so we will certainly look into this.The good news is that construction is wrapping up and won't be a disturbance to our guests. We appreciate you letting us know of your challenges as we are constantly striving for excellence. We apologize that we were not able to get things right on the first try, but I am confident we can provide you with a perfect stay on your next visit to Oakbrook Terrace.

The Management Team of Staybridge Suites.
Ortonville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights while traveling on vacation last week to Minneapolis and Chicago, and have nothing but great things to say about it! The room was absolutely beautiful. We had a 1 room suite, which had a full kitchen, Queen sized bed, and pull out sofa. They also have a free guest laundry on site, with several washers and dryers, so there was no wait to use a machine. The night we arrived, we found that they have a "Welcome Reception"! Amazing....they had BLT's, 2 kinds of soups, a nice salad, Nachos and Cheese and a few other sides, along with complimentary beer, wine and pop...no limit! They ran out of one of the draft beers, and then started serving canned.....Their Breakfasts are great. Hot food, such as sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, corned beef hash, toast, bagels, muffins (good ones), and lots more. Wolfgang Puck Coffees...teas, pop, etc. They have a very nice deck to sit at outside, where we met several really nice people...it was our Anniversary and we had every intention of going to one of our favorite restaurants there, but, instead chose to stay and have our celebration on the deck. They have a couple of BBQ grills out there for you to use if you want. We travel a lot with our 2 Yellow Labs, and this was a great place for them, too. They have a very large field that you can take them out for their walks right across the street (not a main road, so no issue with traffic). We were on the 4th floor, and never had much of a wait for the elevator. The exit steps are carpeted, which makes it easier for taking your pups down the steps if you prefer. I highly recommend staying here!! And we look forward to coming back there again!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralMgr60181, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Ovillelablover,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. We are excited to hear that you had a great stay with us and that the size of the accommodations and amenity inclusions were to your satisfaction. We are also most pleased to hear that you had an outstanding experience at our pet friendly hotel. Thank you for your comments and your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!

The Management team of Staybridge Suites.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was in the area on business and was very pleased with the hotel. The staff was very helpful! There are many great restaurants within a couple of miles. The rooms are nice size with a small kitchen area including a cook top, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher. There is a nice seating area with a couch and TV. I had a room that overlooked the pond. Very nice - I'd stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the pond side are away from the traffic and probably quieter than the ones facing the p...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralMgr60181, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay next time you are with us please do not hesitate to let us know.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is my first Staybridge stay, and I am glad I chose this hotel from a handful nearby. First of all, the kind and professional staff makes up for any renovation underway. It's obvious the staff have pride in their jobs. The renovations are going to be beautiful - spacious, comfortable great room with fireplace and outdoor deck overlooking a marshy area. The rooms are very comfortable - large couch with chaise end and two rolling ottomans, comfortable bed, mini kitchen with silverware, dishes, cooking stuff, fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker, etc. Nice roomy desk, fast internet connection. Big bathroom, closet and drawers. It's on a quiet kind of dead-end/unfinished road adjacent to office buildings. Can't really walk to much, but their shuttle will take you anywhere within 5 miles - you just sign up at front desk for drop off and pick up times daily (from like 4pm to 8:30pm). I can't say enough about how nice the drivers were, especially the guy who was also an engineer. There are two big malls nearby - the Oakbrook Center is beautiful with TONS of restaurants and ritzy shopping; the Yorktown is more generic/indoor with a Target nearby. The gym was very hot as it's in same room as laundry. I would like to suggest they consider mounting a fan above the treadmills. Thankfully the weather was nice and I could go for a run outside. Plenty of laundry machines. Free breakfast daily, free social hour with appetizers on Tues/Wed/Thurs with free wine/beer. If you need a taxi for airport, ask the desk they will give you name and corporate account number for a flat rate so you don't get ripped off from unsavory taxi services. I'd also like to suggest to management they consider getting robes - make them available for use while there and purchase upon departure if you want (so they don't lose money from anyone taking them). This is a very nice place to stay. Good luck with your renovations!

Room Tip: My room on the 4th floor was very quiet - I could not hear anyone next door to me. The elevator is...
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralMgr60181, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here at the hotel. If there is anything we can do to improve upon this stay please do not hesitate to let us know.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is undergoing renovation and aside from all that, the staff and their efforts to please all their customers was spot on!! The room I stayed in was really neat and clean and it over looked the pond and I could see the ducks swimming and it was pretty cool.... Their breakfast is not the greatest, but then again they don't have a restaurant but their staff made all the difference. My room had a regular fridge, microwave, coffee maker, kitchen sink, regular cups and dishes. The location is great - not far from Midway Airport, very close to the Aurora train line to get into Chicago, and plenty of shopping & dining options very nearby the hotel. This a great place to stay, and if your travels ever bring you to these parts, please be sure to stay at one the nicest places ever!!

Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralMgr60181, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that overall you had a pleasant stay and that our staff made It enjoyable despite of the minor issues you encountered. It is our service that truly sets us apart from other hotels and it is what leaves the most lasting impression, so we are happy to hear that we delivered. We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another great stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Lombard/Oak Brook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!