“A really great restaurant….”

Perry's Steak house
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Perry's this past Saturday night. Very cool spot and it will give the usual's a run for their money (i.e. Morton's, Gibson's, Ditka's). The location is great as it's right off the east side of Oakbrook Mall and is situated right between Pour House and Reel Club. As you walk in, the atmosphere is a little more contemporary than similar steak joints (look for the light fixtures). Good lighting, a good bar scene, and the decor nails it (for my taste). We were seated and had a pretty good table in the room off to the left hand side of the main dining room. We were introduced to Blake, our server, and he was awesome! Very knowledgeable, very down to earth, and understood that we were on a date away from the kids for a few hours so he let us go at our own pace.

My wife ordered the warm bacon salad (tasty!) and the bacon wrapped scallops (again…tasty) and I ordered the cowboy ribeye. We also got a side of brussel sprouts which were roasted in a Siriachi (sp.)/garlic/red pepper glaze - holy hell, was that good! My one and only knock on Perry's (and why I'm giving the food 4 stars) is that, while my steak was cooked exactly the way I wanted it, it was HEAVY on the salt. I mean, the first bite was 'wow', but then soon after I realized that it was way more salt than needed, for sure. I understand that that's part of the gig at a majority of restaurants, but it really was overkill. So…the next time I go, I'll ask for them to go easy on the salt. Otherwise, Perry's was great. I ordered a 46 Manhattan which was one of the better Manhattan's I've had (they use a unique type of cherry instead of maraschino - what a great little twist!). On one previous trip with clients for drinks, I also was a little disappointed with their beer selection at the bar (really no craft beer to speak of), but this is more of a cocktail place anyway. If you want craft beer, go next door.

This place is great for a special dinner out (i.e. anniversary/graduation/etc.), a business dinner (bust that expense account!), or simply for drinks on a Thursday (the bar scene also has a nice selection of apps).

1  Thank Joe F