“Good, clean hotel”

Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed for 5 nights for business. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Room was quiet and clean. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to local places. Both drivers we had were the best. There are several malls and restaurants within a few miles. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the hotel should upgrade their bathroom towels. They were like sandpaper.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank VirginiaLove2Travel
LuciKrych, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

VirginiaLove2travel,
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post it on our TripAdvisor page. Thank you especially for mentioning our associates, we work hard as a team to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay. I completely understand your concerns on our towels, and to let you know we are currently replacing them with a better quality towel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We just spent 2 nights at the Courtyard in Oakbrook Terrace. We were visiting my niece in Lombard as well as going on college tours in Chicago. The hotel was a good place to do both those things. It is right off I-290/I-88 coming out of Chicago with ease getting on and off the highway. The very clean room was plenty big enough to accommodate 2 adults and 2 older teenagers. We did have to stagger bath room access. The beds were comfortable and most importantly queen sized. I searched around 30 hotels in that general area to find a double room with two queen (not double/full) beds. I found 2 or 3 hotels with queen beds, but the Courtyard was the only one that was affordable and had good reviews. The kids would have been fine on a full-sized bed, but my husband and I sleep on a king and would have been miserable on a plain double. This was a very important hotel feature for me. My husband had dinner at the Bistro and thoroughly enjoyed a great local brew and a sandwich! We had breakfast at the nearby Blueberry Hill Breakfast Cafe. It was awesome! Also, the famous Giordano's is very close to the hotel. They have the best Chicago-style pizza! We would most definitely stay here at the Courtyard again!

Room Tip: Room 170 was close to a side entrance and right beside the pool. The teenagers loved that proximity...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Rafreed,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott; Chicago Oakbrook Terrace. We are thrilled to see that you found our beds; comfortable and accommodating and yes the queen size bed is a great feature. Nice to hear your husband enjoyed a local craft beer as we try to showcase them in our Bistro. We look forward to you visiting our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had a great afternoon at Oakbrook Shopping then checked in to this great hotel. Clean room, beautiful lobby, easy parking. We used the Brookfield Zoo package and the room practically paid for itself. The breakfast that was included in the package was made to order at the Bistro downstairs. Delicious! Would highly recommend for families!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Deborah H,
Thank you for your positive review! We are thrilled that you and your family found our property accommodating for your needs. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the food at our Bistro. It is quite delish. I am also happy to hear what a wonderful time you had at the Brookfield Zoo. We have this package available every year from May - September, so please come visit us again.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is just a solid hotel with clean and comfortable rooms, comfortable beds, friendly service and everything works. Matches the rep Marriott has for quality. If my travels took me again to the Oakbrook area, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review! We are thrilled that you find our hotel to be accommodating, clean and hospitable. As part of the Marriott family we strive to make our hotel your home away from home. We do hope that you visit our hotel again.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times while in the area for business. The staff is always friendly, nice and helpful. The limited dining area is perfect for a business traveler who wants a quick bite and a glass of wine. Menu is limited but the food is good. They serve Starbucks coffee but there is also a Starbucks withing a few blocks. There is a Mall within a mile or so and plenty of restaurants. Easy access to 88 or 294. Clean, quiet with everything you need.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank javagirl29

Thank you for your positive review and for taking the time to post it on our Trip Advisor page. I am happy to hear that our associate are always helpful during your stay. We work hard as a team to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future

Reviewed 22 June 2013

stayed for a quick in and out for a meeting at a business close by, i did not have a vehicle so they gave me a ride in their shuttle bus to my meeting and came and picked me up when i was done! WOW, not what i was expecting. The room was nice and clean, the common area was modern and had great reading material and decorations. Would surely go back if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
LuciKrych, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Wendy k,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Courtyard by Marriott; Chicago Oakbrook Terrace. We are thrilled to see that you found our services and amenities to be just what you needed while traveling.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.
Warm regards,
Luci Krych

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Quick story - arrived with my 3 grandaughers for an overnght. 6 weddings going on. Amanda at the front desk was as warm and friendly as could be and upgraded us to a suite. We came back from swimming and there was a plate of warm cookies and 4 glasses of milk and a handwritten note wishing us a great time. Let me say this again THERE WERE 6 WEDDINGS TAKING PLACE AT THE HOTEL!! When a hotel does not let service slip when they have events taking place means they have an exceptional staff!

Oh yeah, rooms were clean, indoor pool was clean and nice (a little too much chlorine, kids may want to bring goggles), game room is in the bar area so don't expect to take 10 year olds there but very nice for adults.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
LuciKrych, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Krileykat,
Wow what a fantastice review but I wanted you to know that you have the wrong hotel as I do not have an associate by the name of Amanda and no game room. I want you to know this so you can post this great review to the correct hotel. Thank you for supporting Marriott!
Luci Krych

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!