1,120 results
All reviewslarge bathroomdrury laneoak brookliving roomgreat hotelbreakfast buffetwestern suburbshome away from homefront desk staffflat screenfitness centerright next doorexcellent stayeasy accessbusiness triphot tubenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 5 November 2007

I booked two suites via Priceline bidding for $46/night and that price provided amazing value for this property.

Check-in was smooth and the lobby/first floor was very clean. I had sent in a request for a king/non-smoking room which was waiting for me on arrival.

The rooms are spacious and pretty clean. Where the carpet meets some bathroom tile, it was torn and pulled up a bit and the cushions on the sofabed looked dirty and worn but otherwise the room appeared in excellent condition. The bathroom features a separate shower and tub and a large counter top. One day I returned to my room after breakfast while the maid was there and they mop the floor daily as well as vacuum every inch of the room as well. The toiletries are top notch featuring a line from Crabtree & Evelyn in case you forgot anything at home (I did).

There are two doors in the bedroom (one leading to the "living room" and the other leading to the bathroom) so closing both doors leaves you with the impression you are in a true bedroom. The bed was very comfortable as well. My only complaint about the bedroom is the TV did not have a sleep timer (that I could find) as I like to fall asleep to the TV but after long days of business, it proved not to be a problem for me!

The hotel bar allows smoking which did not create an enjoyable atmosphere but not much I could do there. The breakfast selection was pretty good.

I needed a taxi for early on a Sunday morning to bring me to the airport and the front desk made all the arrangements. Also, they have a couple of kiosks for airline check-in, etc. which came in handy instead of searching for a printer or requesting the front desk to check-in for me.

Overall, very good stay with just the few minor blemishes but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2007

This hotel is rundown and not well-staffed. The air conditioning broke 3 times during my week-long stay. We had to have the hotel property manager come and change out the bathroom door- it didn't shut! The shower head was so old and clogged, it was not adjustable as advertised. After complaining twice, they replaced that too. The television selections are poor, and the rest of the facilities are not well-maintained either.
Every time I asked for a manager, I was told that he or she was at another hotel. Hilton never bothered to follow up with me about the stay, and the Hilton staff never once offered to do anything other than send the facilities folks up to check it out.
Quite frankly, this hotel, even at a bargain rate was over-priced for what it was.
(The straw that broke my back was the lack of a free breakfast, which is supplied by their sister chain, Embassy Suites. If you want a suite hotel, go down the road to Embassy Suites.)

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2007

This is the best hotel EVER. We stay at least 3 times a year while visiting family in Glen Ellyn. The staff is amazing, and the rooms are always impeccably clean and comfortable. We usually stay over the weekend and although they are busy with events (weddings, etc.) they always welcome our family of four. We have never had a bad experience and look forward to staying at "our" hotel. Even the local pizza delivery guys are great. Love this place!

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank AlandEmsMom
Reviewed 16 July 2007

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights ollowing our wedding in Naperville, and we really enjoyed the chance to relax (we live about 10 minutes from this hotel but we felt like we were in a totally different place during our stay). I'll break down the details:

~~~~Room comfort & cleanliness~~~~~
Everything was perfect. The bed was just right and everything was crisp and clean. The housekeeping was thorough. The bathroom had a tub and shower stall, both ample. Big TVs in the sitting room and bedroom. The microwave and fridge made it easy for us to stay in as much as we wanted.

~~~~Amenities~~~~~
The pool was small but we had it all to ourselves on Sunday afternoon. Sauna and hot tub were also nice. Free parking was very convenient.

~~~~Dining~~~~
We preferred to eat outside of the hotel for lunch and dinner (Oakbrook Mall is across the street and has excellent options). We did enjoy the hotel's breakfast buffet (included in our "romance weekend" package), although it seemed limited in its offerings - pancakes, fruit, eggs, sausage, a few other staples.

~~~~Service~~~~
Check in seemed smooth, although we received a warning that some of the room keys were acting up. Ours apparently were among those keys. We arrived to the room and tried to open the door for 5 minutes before calling down to the lobby to report that ours weren't working. The desk said they'd send someone right up. After waiting outside our room for 20 minutes (on our honeymoon night!), we finally called down again. About 5 minutes later, a staff member finally came to let us into our room.

Other than that, they were very courteous and helpful. Around 1:30 am we were struck by hunger and discovered no source of food from inside the hotel. After asking at the reception desk, we were given a take-out menu for a local Chicago-style fast food restaurant. About 40 minutes later, a hot, steaming, midnight takeout feast was delivered to our door, which went great with the bottle of Champagne provided by the Hilton with the romance package.

In general, this was a great place to relax and get away from everything, and still have the convenience of Chicago and Oakbrook's shopping and dining right nearby.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank guatetaliana
Reviewed 25 May 2007

This hotel ( like the Hilton Garden Inn across the street) is adjacent to the Drury Lane Facility ( weddings, conferences). Suites are large. Flat screen TV's in Living Area and Bedroom. Separate shower stall and bathtub. Microwave, Mini-fridge, wet bar. Free Parking. Free Breakfast for Hilton Honors members - pancakes, cut fruit, whole fruit, cereal, bacon, eggs, sausage, juice, etc. Small Workout area - a few treadmills, bikes and steppers - no weights or weight machines. A little hard to find. Follow the signs for Drury Lane. Wired internet was balky. It kept shutting off every 10 minutes. Had to turn the computer off & on many times. $10 Internet connection fee. I had a 10 AM flight our of O'Hare the next morning. A friend who lives in Chicago told me in AM rush hour, the normally 25-minute drive could take 2 hours ; so I checked out one day early ( no cancellation fee before 4 PM) and stayed at the O'Hare Hilton. I think that was the pick.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business