“Great place to stay”

Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I enjoyed my stay @ Hilton Oakbrook! the place is nice, and the beds and pillows are MAGNIFICENT!!!! I would definately recommend this place for your stay,

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites

Reviewed 12 October 2009

As a Hilton Diamond this hotel is a breath of fresh air. The spaciousness of the suites and atrium don't make you feel claustrophobic. I like space and the layout of the suites is superb. I like the flatscreen tvs but would like to see HD TV come to this hotel I like the Diamond lounge on the 10th floor but wish there were two computer terminals and printers so there would be more access and I did not have to come back if someone is on line. The service and courteousness of the staff and management is wonderful. I wish there were more Hilton Suites across the USA. When I come to Chicago on business this hotel is "MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME".

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We stayed here at the last minute and were stunned by how nice it was. It appears to be a former Embassy Suites, so it has the large, open lobby with all the rooms facing it. It was quiet, beautifully decorated, clean, and very reasonably priced. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2009

This was a nice hotel; the room had nice furnishings and was very quiet. Free coffee in the lobby, but it was not advertised within the hotel. No free breakfast or free internet. The pool was small but pretty nice. Many shops and places to eat near by.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mwtotten
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Stayed at the Oakbrook Hilton Suites for an anniversary weekend. Saw a show at Drury Lane which is right next door and spent the weekend relaxing.

I was very impressed with the hotel. Check-in was very, very smooth. Requested a quiet room on a high floor and was pleased to find out we were in a corner room on the top floor with a view of downtown Chicago in the distance. Our Room was very nice, our room was a little larger than norm, I think, since we were tucked into the corner. All rooms are true two room suites. Living area had a wet bar with granite counters microwave and fridge, nice sofa, work desk and a television. King sized bed was very comfortable and quiet. As another poster mentioned the bedroom is away from the door, and the outer hallway, as the bathroom is between the bedroom and the hotel corridor. Bathroom was very spacious and had a stand up shower and a soaking tub with granite counters.

We had the breakfast package which was a hot full buffet breakfast. Food was good and fresh, and the restaurant was set in the center atrium with a soaring ceiling up the full ten floors. Hotel also had an indoor pool but we didn't get a chance to try it or the bar that was also located in the hotel.

Drury Lane was right next door, a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Very convenient if you are attending a show. The Hilton Suites is also very close to Oakbrook Mall and Yorktown is only a few minutes away.

I really had no complaints. The only thing I could say negative about this hotel is the room had what appeared to be a sliding door to an external balcony, but the door was sealed shut. Not really sure why, it would have nice to have been able to open the door. Not so much a complaint as an observation.

I will definately be returning, we had a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sgtdisney
Reviewed 2 January 2009

This hotel is very nice. The location is quiet and felt safe. The facilities and grounds were clean and maintained well. The room was large and all furniture was in excellent condition. The room, though right in front of the elevator, was very quiet in the bedroom. The bedroom is not directly beside the hallway; the bathroom is a buffer between the bedroom and the hallway helping to eliminate hallway noise in the bedroom. When seated at the desk in the front room adjacant to the hallway, I did hear some hallway sounds, but nothing too major. I found the employees at this hotel to be attentive and polite; their behavior was genuine.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank storewanderer
Reviewed 24 June 2008

It was a great experience after my room change. At check-in, I was initially given a room on the 3rd floor that smelled like smoke. This is a non-smoking hotel now. The room had a sign in it if we smoked in the room, there would be a $150.00 charge. Neither my husband nor I smoke and we could not stand the smell of smoke in the room. After I called to the front desk to complain, I was promptly brought a key to another room on another floor that was excellent.

I was informed that before the hotel went totally non-smoking that the 3rd floor was a smoking floor.

I enjoyed my stay and the front desk staff was very helpful with my questions and providing directions.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites? Share your experiences!