“just fine for an over night business trip”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The service was fine for an overnight business trip. The food was good in the restaurant. The room was clean, but would be a little for a family with children.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 1brent
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest
We at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook try to satisfy the needs of a wide range of guests and your input is helpful in seeing places where we can improve. I am glad to see a positive review and that your basic needs were met, we look forward in providing you with that WOW factor in with your next visit to bring it home for you.
Thank you again for dedicating the time and providing us with your feedback.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is a services lacking hotel. The business center is pay as you go(39 cents a minute) Old televisions with no channel selections. The staff is ok, but lack attitude that you would expect. No coffe a available unless you use the rooms machines or go to the bar in the hotel. The gift shop was not open. Rooms were done in a hurry and with very little care. Just felt like I was blessed to be staying there.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank timothy h
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Hello Mr. Timothy H.
I like to take the opportunity to thank you for dedicating the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook. It gives us the guest point of view regarding opportunities for us to improve any areas of service and/or products. As any other service provider we strive to provide the best experience to all of our valued guests. Reality is that as any other service provider rarely we may fall short of that goal. So we see it as a valuable learning and improving tool to get our guest’s feedback. Our team has raised their areas of focus on service to ensure that no other guest has a less than a pleasant experience. I would like you to give us an opportunity to be of service next time you are in our area, so that we can demonstrate how your feedback helps us improve. As the new General Manager of the Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook, I certainly hope that we have that opportunity to be of service to you and all of guests as one of the best service providers in our area. I look forward to your next experience with us.
Thank you again for your point of view and your care.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

This was my first stay at this location. Area of town was nice, many places to shop and eat nearby. I think they spent more time on the lobby then they did on the rooms tho. Beds are extremely comfy.....the bathroom was small but everything worked well. Of course there are NEVER enough eletrical outlets! On site free parking (not a parking garage).

Had no issues really other than the ridiculously SLOW elevators and even slower wait staff at Bar Louies (located inside in the hotel).

I would return as it is a decent place. If you are splurging for something special I would go elsewhere tho.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that your experience was pleasant. We are currently working on finding ways to see if the mechanics of the elevator would allow us to increase the speed of their operations. Also the speed of the service providers at Bar Louie is also being focused and improved. Again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I will start off saying that the front desk staff was very nice. The location was great for my commute to work right down the road. The is pretty much it for the positives. When you give a guest the option to order breakfast by hanging their choices on the door. Ya better follow through. I put my choices on the door well before 1 a.m. my first night here and my breakfast never showed up the next morning. One night I noticed I received no bath towels. Did housekeeping expect me to dry off with wash clothes? The final thing that really set me off was when I came home after a long day of work to find my door, right by the elevators wide open. Does your housekeeping need to be retrained on how to shut doors? Unacceptable. I was going to stay here the following week, but I will be staying elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kelsey36468

Dear Guest
I like to start by apologizing that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. Our team here at the Holiday Inn Chicago, has been and is refocusing on attention to detail and providing the service level that our guests expect from their stay. If you would be kind enough to give us the opportunity to be of service again, I am confident that you will experience the outmost level of service and will be extremely happy with your stay.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I have stayed here a few nights on business and it is pretty good for the location and price.
The first morning I spent there, I got up and went down to the breakfast buffet. I was expecting either a free of inexpensive buffet and it wound up costing me $16 with the included tip. It wasn't that good and I won't eat breakfast there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Spouse and me stayed on 12/31 for a Luxury by Design NYE party. I was a little skeptical about staying at a Holiday Inn, though my prior experience as limited as it may be, was not the worst. Our room appeared clean and the flat screen TV's were supposedly brand new and had just been installed the day before. Our TV did not work right away and did not look new, but I won't argue it. There were (2) queen beds and a small but adequate bathroom. This hotel is adequate for business and if you have children there is a pool. There were a few problems: 1.) the TV and remote did not work when we arrived and we had to call the front desk twice to get the problem resolved. It took a few minutes, but the maintenance man was very nice. 2.) The carpet is old and needs to be cleaned or replaced. I actually stepped on a small piece of wood found on the carpet - not sure where it came from. Other than that, the beds were pretty comfy and there was a bottle of water, an apple, orange and granola bar left for us as we are Priority Club members. Tip: If you are going to stay at a Holiday Inn and especially if you stay at this hotel chain often, become a Priority Club member. There are perks involved that can add up if you travel often and stay at Holiday Inn properties. Perks include in room snacks (depending on hotel), late check-out, a chance to earn points, etc. It is free to join so it might be worth it. The NYE party was pretty good. I choose it because of the location - not near downtown Chicago. It was a 25 and older crowd. It was friendly and there was food, a band and DJ. It was $130 per couple. You will also find Bar Louie in the hotel (which was packed on NYE). It is a nice bar with food. It's handy if you don't want to leave the hotel, but right next door - in walking distance - is a Giordano's Pizza place and across the street is a Costco, Ulta, strip mall. You are close to many restaurants and stores which is great. I like the place and would probably stay again.

Room Tip: If you don't want a small room - try to get a suite. Check comparison sites to get the best rat...