“Fit my needs at the last minute”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Yakima
“Fit my needs at the last minute”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had a reservation issue at another hotel and drove my rental car down to this Holiday Inn. They fortunately had a room available. I'm a Holiday Inn card carrying member and they gave me the nice little gift pack for premium members with a bottle of water and other goodies which I really appreciated. My room was clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and courteous and knowledgeable for the immediate area. My internet worked quickly and a nice flat screen television. There was some sort of conference and meetings going on at the hotel which had a lot of people at the property. It is on a pretty busy street. If I was to stay again, I'd ask for a room not facing the road, although the noise didn't disturb me. There are a couple of restaurants and sandwich shops within walking distance. The Bar Louie on the property was surprisingly crowded on a Tuesday evening with a lively and interesting group. The rate was quite reasonable. I would stay there again on a future trip. The overall layout of this Holiday Inn does feel a little odd the way you approach it from the street, not bad, it makes it seem like it isn't as nice as it is when you get inside.

Room Tip: I'd get a room not facing the road if possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear ExpeditionMan,

Thank you for your comments and thoughts from your hotel stay with us. We value all of our guest's opinions especially our loyalty members like yourself. Good or bad they help us improve our hotel and let us know how we are doing. We are happy that you enjoyed the location, staff, and the amenities in the room. Even though it wasn't the best entrance for you to get into the hotel it looks like you enjoyed everything else! We are happy, happy, happy for you.

Hope we can host your next stay soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Robert Wood in banquets does everything right! He moved our group to a larger meeting room so we'd be more comfortable and he moved my box full of supplies. Ghino checked me in, gave me free breakfast coupon (the salad in the restaurant was a great dinner); the room was very nice and warm (and had hot water on the coldest night of the year); the only thing the hotel could have done better was snow removal. This was during an extreme cold snap (temps were well below zero, but high-piled snow made it a little slick and the walks were not as clear as they should have been). Mary in the restaurant is charming in the morning and they let meeting participants pre-order meals.

Room Tip: The rooms are fine. If you're using Apple's map feature, you will not be able to find it. A...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Anthony Q, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Professordoctormom,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and value them with high regard. We are really happy that you had an accommodating and satisfying stay with us. Robert, Ghino, and Mary are all in management and portray what the hotel is all about. We are committed to great customer service and it looks like they all displayed that with you. That is great you encountered our great service. Unfortunately, you were not happy about the snow removal process. We had an issue with the company who plows and that hurt the satisfaction of our guests. We are in the process of fixing our snow removal processes so that does not happen again.

Once again thank you for kind review and we hope you continue to stay with us in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I very much for the purpose of the things that make sense to be in room. Clean and comfortable enough for me. Best beds in the world where there are many different types of pillows. Coffee in the morning at my room was just as good as it is home. Refrigeration was also a great deal if needed.

• Stayed November 2013
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Loopedelou,

Thank you for submitting a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We value your opinions with great regard. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our beds and coffee. We will pass on your comments to our staff so they are appreciated for making your stay great.

We hope we get to host your next stay sometime soon.
Illinois
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed there a few times only because of Priceline and getting that on a 3 star bid. This particular review is due to Sept 2013 when I stayed two nights. I had dinner with a client and became sick after eating their meatballs. I did call them the next morning just to avoid anyone else becoming ill as well. She said she was sorry and that was it. This was not the problem.
I check my statement a couple weelks later to find the hotel charged me a bar bill. I called and waited another two weeks for a call back, or simply to remove the charge. I call again, disppointed, mid Oct..talked to manager who gave me the bookkeeper. He was rude and accused me of buying booze on my room charge..I said how could the bar charge me when they didn't know I was staying there..they had no room number or charge card to do so...I do not drink alcohol ever and neither did my client who was NOT staying there and paid the bill with her charge card.. He yelled and said you just said you had dinner so you probably ordered booze..I was angry at this guy and told him he was acting like a ***. He screamed and said listen I am a christian and I do not like swearing words..lol
Okay..just do your research and remove the charges from my bill...I am not paying from someone elses booze.
He did remove the charges but didn't call to explain whose bill they paid with my card...
I called and sent many messages to Priceline..they said they cared but couldnt do anything about it..
I have not received an apology and wish to never step foot into this nasty hotel. Just be careful and check your bills..I have a few issues with them so it was nothing new..it is far from a decent hotel I'ts dirty, smells bad, dirty carpets, no closet doors, or counter space, parking lot can be a good place to get broken into..falls more into a 2 star hotel. Too bad Priceline can't omit certain hotels from customers who stay in hotels nearly 200 nights a year.
Oak Brook has many nice hotels, this is not one of them. Be careful and make sure your bill doesn't include someone else's charges.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel..many others in area I would highly recommend
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear pharmtravel,

Thank you for submitting a review from your September stay with us. We value your feedback and take it seriously. We try to satisfay all our guests but unfortunately we did not satisfy you. We do want to persoanlly apologize that you were charged for a bar transaction and that it took a while for it to get resolved. We are also sorry that you thought our carpets were dirty and that the hotel in general was dirty and smelled among other things. How you were treated with the bar service was not appropriate. We are continually striving to make our hotel better and your comments help us do that.

Again, thank you for feedback.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel was clean and in a great location. Very close to shopping and the interstate. Our room was spacious and very nice. Staff was friendly, and the free breakfast buffet was really good. Had a really good visit there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Cneiss,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook. We appreciate you taking the time to do that and value your opinions. We are glad you liked your room and friendly staff and thought our breakfast was really good. We will pass on your very nice opinions to our staff so they know they did a great job.

We hope to see you again sometime in the future as we would love to host you again.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I got a room at a real bargain rate on a "no name" deal, so was hoping for something a bit better than the motels I usually stay at in the same price range. In that I was a little disappointed. The hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable, but no better than in many mid-price motels. Breakfast would have been extra, but was eye-wateringly expensive (as was the in-house restaurant) - better to walk through the parking lot to one of the alternatives nearby.

The pool was OK, though I felt a little self conscious waling back to my room in a dripping costume, and there were signs prohibiting swimming alone (which I am afraid I ignored). The fitness room marked as being next to the pool in the information brochure in the room had been converted into a space with a table and a couple of chairs; it was only when I commented on this when checking out that I was told it had been moved to the second floor. Not very useful to know then...

So if you can get it for a great price then go for it, but I wouldn't want to pay the rate it's normally advertised for on the main booking websites.

Room Tip: Although rooms on the front overlook the main road, they are quite well sound-proofed.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear MKMapman,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay with us was. We appreciate you taking the time to do that. I am sorry that your stay was not exceptional as you wanted. I apologize that you did not like the wet walk through the hotel from the pool, pricing of our restaurant menu, and the information brochure not being updated. Your feedback helps us out by letting us know how we are doing. We take all feedback with great value and we will improve our hotel with feedback like yours.

We hope you choose to stay with us again if in the future you need a hotel in our area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed here in Oct 2013 when I was visiting Midwestern University for a pharmacy school interview. Aside from my GPS not being able to find the hotel (I called and they gave me the Costco address across the street) I had a great stay. From the time that I stepped in the lobby to the time that I got to my room was mere minutes. Check in was so easy and I was recognized as a rewards member. They upgraded me to a king executive suite from my standard king room which is on the 7th and top floor. I could hear the car traffic on the street when I had the drapes open but I suspect that once I close them I will not hear the traffic at all. There does not seem to be a lot of people here at this time but Im sure that will change since it is coming into the weekend. I also received a voucher for breakfast. I intend to order it and have it delivered to my room.

Room Tip: If you can it seems that the rooms on the top floor are very quiet. I cannot say about the ones on l...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Becky870,

Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay with us. It looks like you enjoyed it and were really taken care of. We value all of our guests but even more our IHG Rewards Club Members like yourself. You reward us with your business and loyalty and we reward you by taking care of you the best we can such as the complimentary upgrade and breakfast voucher. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future if you need hotel accommodations in the Oakbrook Terrace area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!