“Good value for the money”

BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oglesby
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have stayed here a few times now. I enjoy exploring Starved Rock a few times a year. It is a good value for my dollar. Reasonably clean, decent breakfast and good water pressure in the shower. What more can you ask for? It is not the Ritz, nor am I paying for the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Frankfort, Indiana
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Nice Hotel that's close to the parks. The rooms were clean, with microwave, and fridge. The bed comfort was a 8 out of 10. The breakfast was the same as most Hotels in this range, waffles, cereals, and muffins. Didn't use the pool but looked nice and clean. Yes I would stay here again. Note: Illinois Hotels have what amount to a resort tax. It amounts to about a extra $9.00 per room.

Menasha, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was very happy with the hotel over all. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms where very nice and the price was great. There was several fast food place right in the area and it is right off of the highway. I would stay here again if I am every in the area.

Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Walls were paper thin and heard everything around you - had to wait for about 5 minutes for some one to help us at check in. When we went to check out and told the desk all of the noise issues the staff did not seem that sympathetic.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

oglesbybw, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. On behalf of myself and my entire team, I would like to apologize you didn't enjoy your stay better.

I assure you, I have discussed this with my staff to ensure guests feel more appreciated. I take all feedback very seriously.

If you would like to discuss this more, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I look forward to seeing you back.

Thank you for your time.

Sam Sankovich, General Manager
815-883-3535
Arkdale, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very pleasant stay. Enjoyed the pool and the workout room. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Pool could have been cleaner but I think the Fri. & Sat. that we were there, the motel was pretty full. The girls were very busy keeping up with the towels but they kept them coming. People were taking two or three at a time. We use to stay at Quality Inn but like Best Western so much better.

Murphysboro, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

It's a little out of the way but very clean and well kept with friendly staff. The bed was a little hard, but not too bad - the pillows were good quality. I would have preferred a more comfortable chair to sit in. I really liked having a wall thermostat to control the temp in the room, it seems more constant, like home. Compared to hotels in neighboring towns, this was by far the most economical especially considering it wa such a nice, clean hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Disgusting for a hotel to still offer guests "smoking" rooms. Made the hallways smell disgusting and we could smell the smoke in our "non" smoking room. Also, the whirlpool was broken during our stay and the front desk was unaccommodating when asked our options in changing rooms. We ended up staying in the Days Inn across the street for roughly the same rate and were very satisfied!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
oglesbybw, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello!

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay with us here in Oglesby. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations, but do appreciate the feedback.

I have reviewed each of your complaints with the necessary departments to ensure this is not happening in future. I would be more than happy to speak with you regarding your stay at your convenience.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Sam Sankovich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oglesby
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center

Been to BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn? Share your experiences!