Best Western Oglesby Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock(Oglesby)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$119
US$114
US$90
US$86
All reviewsstarved rockroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyegg pattiespool and hot tubbest westernsyogurtwould stay here againfirst floorstate parkfree breakfastthe breakfast areahot breakfastnon smokingnice breakfastexercise roomgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel is very pretty and comfortable. We only stayed one night. The only drawback is the breakfast area is very small and no room to sit. The day we stayed, there was a large group of families in town and took up most of the seating and stayed for long period of time. One table only had one child sitting there and the parents did not care!! There should be a time limit. Needless to say, I did not get my breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Not a bad place to stay for the money. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was small but satisfying.Beds could be better.Breakfast area small and was free "can't hold enough people for the size of the hotel.Location right on 39/51.Nice

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was put up here for 2 nights, from the Silverleaf Resort in Sheridan. I had bought a vacation package from Silverleaf, where I had to view a presentation on selling a timeshare, and this is where I stayed with my brother. We checked in on Saturday night. Our reservation was confirmed, and we were given a room ojn the first floor. The room had the typical 2 queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, 32 in. flat screen TV, a dresser, round table, and night stand. There were some thin blankets on the bed, but an extra pillow and blanket was located in the dresser. The A/C was on when we came in the room, and the temperature was set at 68. There was the old fashion wall thermostat to control the rooms temperature, which made things simple. We were tired from a long drive, so we went to the pool. The pool seemed to be clean, and the hot tub had suds in it. After swimming, I wanted a shower. The light switch to the bathroom was on the outside of the room, along with a timer switch for a heat lamp. The sink was outside the bathroom. I took a shower, and went to dry off with a towel, and a used feminine napkin fell out of the towel. I was a little grossed out at first, but it appeared to have gone through the laundry, and somehow stuck to a towel. I'm the type of person not to complain. It didn't really a affect me too much. I'm sure some people would be disgusted! The wifi internet was fast, but I opted to use my Verizon 4G LTE as it was faster. I woke up early and got the breakfast that was served. Breakfast was served from 6:00 A,M. until 10:00 A.M They had hot sausage and eggs. Waffles could be made fresh. They also had biscuits and gravy, muffins, bagels, bread, packages of oatmeal, dry cereal, cartons, and gallons of milk along with yogurt and coffee. The breakfast was hot and fresh, but most of it was gone by the time breakfast ended at 10:00 A.M. I used the small fitness center. The exercise bike allowed me to play music, loudly, throughout the small room. No one complained as I worked out with loud music. There was a sign posted saying they will charge you $1.50 for use of the safe, and if you don't use the safe, you have 60 days to ask for your money back. Since I was booked through Silverleaf, that didn't matter to me, but I feel they shouldn't be charging guests unless they use it. I ordered a Pizza during our stay from the local pizza place that was featured on the hotel card in the room. It was a busy night, so it took longer, but they did come right to the room with some good food. All in all it was an okay stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. We stayed Monday thru Thursday. The place was clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the place was comfy. I read a lot of the reviews and I would have to agree with the positive ones. The hotel is small, nothing fancy, but it was perfect for our family. With two children, 5 & 8, sometimes places aren't as kids friendly as they like to pretend, but here that's not the case. They were very kind to us. We chose this hotel because it was close to the state parks and canal. They also had a nice little pool, which the family loved. My only complaint/suggestions are they need to update the local info booklet in the rooms, maybe a new choice in the breakfast area (but overall breakfast was good), add a little more pressure in the shower head, and fix the broken towel bar in our shower. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a great price bargain or a family friendly hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The only reason I am giving them a 2 star vs. a 1 star is because when we checked in we got warm chocolate chip cookies and they were delicious (especially after a long car ride!)

This hotel had a lot of ants in it. We heard complaints from other guests that they had to change rooms because it was so bad in their room. We saw them all around the pool area, luckily we didn't notice any in our room.

The room was about average for cleanliness, the hotel staff wasn't rude but wasn't very helpful either. When we received our bill we were charged for using a safe that wasn't ever used and also we didn't receive the discount that we were supposed to since we were staying there with a wedding party. They told us that it was because we booked through another agency, but that wasn't true, we booked through their website.

I will not be staying at this place again.

Room Tip: One without ants would be nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family