“Cosy,good food, lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fox Bar & Bistro

The Fox Bar & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Ripponden
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Cosy,good food, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Visited with a group of friends, lovely atmosphere to the bistro. Wide variety on the menu and food A+. Will definitely go again.

Halifax
“Simply outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I went to the fox recently for a catch up with some old friends, after recently moving into the area I have heard great things about the restaurant. The staff were friendly, polite, and very professional, with great food and a wide variety of drinks choice, all staff we're at hand to help and very attentive, ensuring a great experience from start to finish. After the meal we also stayed for drinks until late and all the bar staff continued to attend to our needs and tell us more about the area, it's was a very personal level of service. Overall this bar/bistro is one of the best places I have ever had the pleasure to dine in, and will be returning to dine there this weekend. Lovely place.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went here on a recommendation, luckily booked which I would highly recommend. The staff were very friendly, my partner and I ordered starters and our friends ordered the bread, oils and olives to share which came straight away, unfortunately our starters came at least half and hour after and although the waitress did keep apologising for the delay, which was down to them being busy, which downstairs really was, it was a little disappointing they didn't serve us all al the same time. However I must say it was worth the wait, the mains were equally as good and enjoyed every mintue of the food, the wine was also really good and really reasonable. Other than the slight wait for the starters all in all this was really enjoyable and will definitely go back just a shame it's so far away.

Manchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Welcoming, great food and wine.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Our first visit was 2 wks ago.so impressed we went back with friends this wk. lovely old roadside inn (parking on main road, so might be a problem on busy weekends) on the outside, light, contemporary and attractive inside. On both occasions we received a warm welcome and enjoyed a drink at the very pleasant bar before sitting down in the dining area. We have tried a few different dishes from the menu which is seasonal and changes regularly. All the dishes were cooked and presented perfectly. Eg. the crab fish cakes, sea bass, (perfectly cooked ) lamb chops cooked rare to my request, rib eye steak cooked as requested crispy confit belly pork on black pudding and mustard mash, home made beef and ale pie and the grilled prawn linguini. The wine list is not extensive but nicely balanced. Service was attentive, knowledgable and friendly. The price with drinks, around £30 per head.
Will definitely be going again. Would recommend !!!

Visited February 2014
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Poor Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Last night was my first visit to this restaurant and my last! Food of a very poor standard - Fish Starter Platter to share consisted mostly of deep fried food. Had cod with pasta for main meal - totally overcooked. The staff did keep asking if everything was ok with the food, so obviously there are numerous complaints. They did not charge me for my main meal, but won't be returning.

Visited January 2014