Harold's House B&B
Wookey Hole Hotel(Wookey Hole)
US$80
US$117
US$106
US$160
US$140
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$116
US$72
US$59
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our hostess has a beautiful house, a fine facility, and the food was excellent, but what put our visit "over the top" was the extraordinary attention the hostess paid to our purpose for the visit--family history. She went to great lengths to introduce us to knowledgeable people in the town. We even were invited to visit their homes! Needless to say it was a most enjoyable visit in a beautiful setting--and we accomplished a great deal in our quest for family history, as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nancysmith2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

As promised you receive a warm welcome from Harold, the aging and arthritic labrador and from his owner. I was welcomed by tea and biscuits in her well kept garden and all seemed well as I looked forward to my luxury room. This is where I had to ask myself "What does the word Luxury mean for a B & B". To me, a high tech TV in my room, a lightweight duvet to cope with the heat and en suite. Fair enough I had been warned that my "sole use" bathroom was next door .....over the landing in fact. But no TV, a winter duvet which I had to throw off and I did cope with the bathroom. Everything was very well appointed but it lacked the luxury touches - no hair dryer, no little gifts of shampoo and shower gel (there were already open bottles in the bathroom - whose??). Breakfast was taken in solitary silence in her sitting room on both days as she has no proper dining room for lots of guests. A very friendly host who needs to make sure the £75 per night is really worth it.......

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank mityanamama
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed at Harolds House for one night on a trip with a the family and friends at the end of June. This was our first visit to the Cheddar Gorge area and I must say that we were over-whelmed with the warm welcome we received from Patty and her (old and charming) dog Harold. We had booked 3 rooms (out of a total of 4) and all were excellent. Very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The suite has a small sitting area with ensuite bathroom, the second smaller room also had an attached bathroom while the 3rd room had to share a bathroom with the occupants of the 4th room - a nice friendly family of 3 from Germany. Patty offered us a nice cup of tea after a long drive from Cambridge and is really a superb host. We found her to be a genuinely hospitable and made our brief stay a memorable experience. It is 'Harolds House' so don't go if you don't like dogs but otherwise I have no hesitation to recommend the B&B very highly.

Room Tip: Finding the place with Sat Nav could be tricky
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We absolutely adore this bed and breakfast. Patti, the owner, is the perfect host and Harold, the most devine loveable labrador dog is, well put it like this, if we could have dognapped him, he would have new owners by now!!!

The rooms are first rate, especially the suite, the owner is first rate and the food is first rate. No more to be said really only that if you want a home from home in a lovely location then Harold's House is the place to choose.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

It's often difficult to know what you get what you book accommodation online but this B&B was a very nice surprise. Not only amazingly clean, nice and friendly but Patti - the owner- also made me feel like I was part of the family. Love the place and if the this area again I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: all rooms are very nice, warm and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business