Tuakau Hotel
US$211
Novotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsauckland airportmini barbeautiful hotelsmall townlearn howlocal caferailway linegreat countrylovely surprisequality hotelconference roomone night staycountry hotelrooms are cleanfree wifinext morningthe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A really great stay at this hotel, the staff are amazing, the hotel is fantastic, the rooms are outstanding, couldn't find a single thing to complain about - everything is done to a high standard and again - the staff are amazing, they all go out of their way to make sure that you have everything you need, just brilliant - listen up big city chain hotels, you need to send your staff to the Tuakau Hotel to learn how its done!.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 30 January 2014

First time for me travelling to New Zealand and had no idea what to expect and had left my accommodation booking until the last minute and settled for a single room. I really thought I would end up in a closet......to my utter surprise, Tuakau Hotel was absolutely sensational. Tasha was there to greet me and upgraded me to a normal room....Tasha was so friendly and kind, she greeted me and showed me to my room and explained everything to me which was a lovely surprise. From the décor to the service, everything was immaculate, I loved it. Everything was new and clean and fresh. I was travelling on my own and heading down to the restaurant seemed a bit daunting for me so I ordered room service and let me tell you, even the food was top notch. I highly recommend Tuakau Hotel.....5 Star hotel for me !!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

A very good stay.
The whole hotel has been renovated. The room was well equipped and clean.
The staff were EXTREMELY pleasant and helpful.
The only negative points were...
-- The bedroom was small, without facilities for hanging or stacking clothes.
-- No breakfast is available for guests; late brunch only.
However, I would definitely stay here again; and thank you to all the staff for your attention.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

In fairness I have to say that the terrible nights sleep we experianced seemed to be due to the location of our room at the front of the hotel. We were unable to sleep due to a live band right under our room and then by trains going by periodically during the night, we mentioned it on checkout, but the person at the desk was very blasé in response. Small but tidy rooms with a miniscule bathroom . Overpriced and even more so when you don't actually get to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013
TuakauHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tuakau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding needing earplugs when located in one of our rooms above the entertainment space. It is our normal practice to advise guests booking into one of these rooms when there is live entertainment scheduled whether they would prefer a room away from all the action and it is with regret that you were not offered a different room when you needed to retire early before the Saturday night entertainment finished at midnight. Many of our weekend visitors to Tuakau are in town for family gatherings and enjoy the ability to be able to return to the hotel and socialise on a Saturday with friends and family. We are sorry that your own circumstances meant you needed a quiet early night and that as a consequence of the band your noise sensitivity was heightened and further frustrated by the train traffic leading to a sleepless night. As a small country hotel we endeavour to show our guests a good time, and we would have been happy to relocate you to a quieter corner of the hotel. If you would give us a second chance upon your next visit to the area please book directly with us and we will happily accommodate you in a room more appropriate to your needs. Thanks again for taking the time to give us this feedback.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

What a lovely gem in a very unexpected location. The hotel was stylishly renovated recently, keeping history alive.

The rooms ticked all the boxes. The staff at the hotel as well as in the restaurant deserve a 5* rating as well. Very professional & warm service. We did not try any other restaurant in town because the food was just so good - no need to go anywhere else!

We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two room apartment with a kitchenette (which we didn't use except for coffee and tea - the restaurant downstairs just made it to easy :-) )
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
TuakauHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tuakau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

We delighted that you were pleasantly surprised and found our service to be 5* at the Tuakau Hotel. We aim to provide our guests with good old-fashioned hospitality. We are country folk with big hearts and broad smiles and we enjoy sharing our slice of paradise with our guests. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to having you visit our lovely gem again.