“We loved this place!”

Chateau Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Oregon B&B and Inns
“We loved this place!”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

In this era when most hotels/motels are generic, franchised, plastic, and totally lacking in imagination, the Chateau Lodge was refreshing in its unpretentious appointments and atmosphere. The innkeepers were warm and welcoming, flexible when problems arose (we needed to check in early, I locked my keys in my car necessitating a somewhat later check-out time),the room was very clean, and the price was reasonable. I highly recommend this little motel to anyone in search of the Holiday/Hampton/Excell Inn alternative!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The room was half the price of the Paddlewheel Inn and for the amount of time that we were going to be spending in it (sleeping + a couple hours), it was just fine. The wedding reception was across the street and was easily walkable. The bed was average, the room was dated but clean. Online booking was extremely easy with a very easy to use website. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Even contacted us after leaving to mail a pillow back that we had forgotten - we ended up being able to pick it up.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 17 March 2011

My four-day stay at this small and somewhat rustic motel was quiet and comfortable, The decor was interesting, with a variety of themed rooms. The free parking was convenient and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Didn't know what to expect. What I did get was a very clean, somewhat updated room at a value price for one night. Beds were firm, window air conditioning was welcomed and not overpowering. Its a good place to hang your hat for 1 or 2 nights.
Yes, the motel was probably built in 50's or 60's, but it has been refurnished, and the themed rooms was a conversation piece for my friends who stayed in adjoining rooms. I had the "Hunting Room".
No Smoking and No other Smells made this older motel for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
St. Charles, IL
Reviewed 10 August 2010

This is a modest motel, but it is clean and well kept. Without my asking, the innkeeper brought extra towels after noticing I had 3 young girls with me. The people are so nice -- even when a 5 year old threw up on the bed. After we left, they called to let us know we'd left that same 5 years old's stuffed dog in the covers, and said they would mail it back to us. Road work made it a little inconvenient to get into the lot, but I expect that will be done this summer. We were right across the river from the Blackhawk statue, and my granddaughters liked seeing it and saying goodnight to him when we returned from Lake LaDonna each night.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Blue Mounds
Reviewed 27 July 2010

The hosts were very helpful and polite. We had a very clean room. The rooms had themes which added to the atmosphere. It was a very nice place to stay if you're not looking for a pool. However, the sign for the motel was hard to see due to overgrown items and road construction.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I stayed at the Chateau Lodge last weekend when we were in town for a wedding. The owner/operator of the Chateau were very nice and pleasant. They even reminded us that checkout on Sunday was at 11, not 10 which was posted in the room. We stayed in the "Golf" theme room and it was very clean and tidy. There were even snacks and beverages available on the table and in the mini-fridge respectively.

Initially, I was a bit worried because of some of the recent reviews we found on here. We didn't have any other options that fit out budget so we decided to "tough it out" - there was no need to tough it out! First, the place does not smell. The person who wrote that is just ignorant. When we checked in, the office had a bit of a curry smell- I love Indian food and I wanted some! I can see how someone unfamiliar might not like that but its just the office.

Also, two other couples from the wedding stayed at the Chateau. One in the bear room and the other in the cowboy room. All of the rooms we visited and saw were very clean and perhaps even nicer than our own. Overall, I am thinking the people who wrote bad reviews were being very unfair. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Paddle Wheel Inn
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle
Pinehill Inn
Pinehill Inn
#2 of 3 in Oregon

Been to Chateau Lodge? Share your experiences!