“OMG STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE!!!”
Review of Chateau Lodge

Chateau Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Oregon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I came to visit my sister in Oregon. At checking in at this "place", i had a very hard time understanding and communicating with the people in the office. Upon checking into my room, as soon as i opened the door there was a smell of mold, i was very unhappy. I then picked up the phone to call my sister to tell her about the mold smell, I look down on the table to see a bug crawl out from under the phone!!! I told her to come and get me that I am not staying here!!! I left and will never go back. I did not talk to the "manager" about it because I didnt want to go up and try to explain to him in english what happen. After describing the bug to my sister she said it was a "earwig!!!!" I learned my lesson, never again. My sister told me about the Paddle Wheel Inn Hotel across the street from this motel, so while I was there she took me to see it and the staff was very nice and pleasent. They have a beautiful little breakfast area that looks out onto the river. The staff also invited us to view the rooms, they were very, very nice. I am looking forward to my visit next year. I WILL be staying at the Paddle Wheel Inn for sure.

Room Tip: Bring bleach and bug spray
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank johnathonsmitty

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Small but Nice place to stay.I am an artist so decorated room(garden theme)attracted me.
located in nature surroundings of small hills,Rock river & greenery.From room's window,to see the Black Hawk statute is great experience.This place is neat & clean.
The owner is so helpful.Whenever I come to this area ,I will stay here.I will suggest my
friends & relatives this motel.

Room Tip: Room # 1 from there U can get view of Black Hawk statue.This room is bigger.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I was in town for a family reunion and needed a place to spend just one night. We selected the Chateau as it is much less expensive than the Paddlewheel Inn just across the road. We were satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The manager was friendly and helpful. The double bed was comfortable. Could have used a brighter reading light. Having each room with a theme is a cute idea but realize that the appointments are simple, certainly not fancy or upscale. I would come back to this place for short stays.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2011

In this era when most hotels/motels are generic, franchised, plastic, and totally lacking in imagination, the Chateau Lodge was refreshing in its unpretentious appointments and atmosphere. The innkeepers were warm and welcoming, flexible when problems arose (we needed to check in early, I locked my keys in my car necessitating a somewhat later check-out time),the room was very clean, and the price was reasonable. I highly recommend this little motel to anyone in search of the Holiday/Hampton/Excell Inn alternative!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The room was half the price of the Paddlewheel Inn and for the amount of time that we were going to be spending in it (sleeping + a couple hours), it was just fine. The wedding reception was across the street and was easily walkable. The bed was average, the room was dated but clean. Online booking was extremely easy with a very easy to use website. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Even contacted us after leaving to mail a pillow back that we had forgotten - we ended up being able to pick it up.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2011

My four-day stay at this small and somewhat rustic motel was quiet and comfortable, The decor was interesting, with a variety of themed rooms. The free parking was convenient and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Didn't know what to expect. What I did get was a very clean, somewhat updated room at a value price for one night. Beds were firm, window air conditioning was welcomed and not overpowering. Its a good place to hang your hat for 1 or 2 nights.
Yes, the motel was probably built in 50's or 60's, but it has been refurnished, and the themed rooms was a conversation piece for my friends who stayed in adjoining rooms. I had the "Hunting Room".
No Smoking and No other Smells made this older motel for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Been to Chateau Lodge? Share your experiences!