“Salty Hog Pie? Nuff Said”
Review of Baker Square

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baker Square
Ranked #123 of 209 Restaurants in Orland Park
Oak Lawn, Illinois
“Salty Hog Pie? Nuff Said”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

There isn't a pie we've run into that we don't like at Baker's Square. This is our families yearly stop for all pies served at our Thanksgiving table. Now we see that there is a scrumptious new offering, Salty Hog Pie (layers of fluffy whipped cream, their famous rich French Silk pie filling, moist chocolate cake, salted caramel and roasted almonds, in a flaky pie crust, topped with roasted almonds and caramel drizzle and yes... its also topped with a slice of candied bacon. O.M.G.

Visited September 2012

Pennington, New Jersey
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed my breakfast at Baker Square in Orland Park. We were warmly greeted when we arrived, seated promptly and our beverage orders were taken. I had the "Four Square" breakfast consisting of French toast, two eggs over easy, sausage and hash browns. My breakfast was delicious and my cousin and aunt enjoyed their meals as well. My cousin also order a slice of one of their delicious pies to go.

The restaurant was clean and the staff very friendly and the service was excellent. A manager also stopped by to make sure we enjoyed our meal. I look forward to returning during my next visit to Orland Park.

Orland Park, Illinois
“only pie”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Honestly, the last few times I have been here and eaten the food, it has been gross. The only thing worth eating is their pie. I'll never go there for food ever again.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank lindyloobell
Frankfort
“A nice family restaurant”
Reviewed 9 May 2009

The food is very good and the service is always excellent at the Tinley Park Baker's Square. The pita sandwiches and the Honey Dijon Chicken Focaccia are very tasty and good values. If you lke chocolate, be sure to save room for the Brownie Pie. The atmosphere is very pleasant. This is a great restaurant for diners of any age.

1 Thank Literaturefreak
Chicago, Illinois
“Gross!”
Reviewed 12 November 2008

Email written to Baker Square Corporate.....

Subject: Baker Square at 14651 So. LaGrange Road, Orland Park 60462

To Whom It May Concern;

On Saturday 11/9/08, we stopped-by the location referenced above for breakfast around 10:30 a.m. It was an observation but I noticed the restaurant adjacent Baker Square (Southfork Restaurant) had a completely full parking lot and was even using the Baker Square lot as overflow. I did not think much about it. Upon entering Baker Square we were seated promptly as the restaurant was not even at a quarter of capacity. We were immediately grossed out by the appearance of the interior of the restaurant. Half of the tables had not been cleared from previous patrons. For example, the booth we were seated at had a booths on both sides with piled dishes of half eaten pancakes, etc. In addition, directly across from us there was also a table of dishes where flies were feasting on the remains. I looked into the kitchen and also identified a half dozen employees standing around conversing. We did not even sit down and headed over to Southfork Restaurant for breakfast. My recommendation is to visit the restaurant unannounced and see for yourself; regardless, we will not be dining at Baker Square anytime soon.

I hope that helps.