“Fantastic Mexican Food!!!”

Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican Food
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 215 Restaurants in Orland Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Yes, a chain. But give it a chance. Not your typical Mexican chain restaurant. Great food (love the fish tacos!). The service has always been incredibly friendly and prompt. The servers seem to know all about the food and make well informed recommendations. The atmosphere can be a little noisy but the place is huge and often close to capacity. We were lucky to go after the rush. The drinks were pretty standard but, like I said, fish tacos were THE best I have ever had. Grilled, not fried, talapia was fantastic. My wife had the enchilada and had a similar taste experience. Now, desert, chocolate empanadas.... Holy cow!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My friend and I had been talking about going out to eat, and decided to check out this new restaurant that opened in the area. We both like Mexican cuisine so this seemed to be the right pick. Unfortunately both of us were very disappointed with the food. Thank goodness for the chips and salsa which were good otherwise we would have left hungry!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

For tex mex food I thought this place was pretty good. Despite some of the negative reviews on the service, our waitress was actually very friendly and checked back often to see if we needed anything. I really enjoyed the guacamole, but generally the food was pretty average. Nice restaurant atmosphere as well.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chips and salsa were good. Hard shelled tacos were good. Overall, average food, a bit pricey. Would not have any mixed drinks there again, as there was little, if any, alcohol in them. It is a noisy restaurant.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Limited menu for a Mexican restaurant. Drinks were tiny for the price paid, and had very little alcohol in them. Staff was friendly, decor was cute, very crowded on a Wednesday, and LOUD. Couldn't tell if there was music playing, just a lot of people trying to speak louder than the people next to them. I won't go back.