“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Orland Park
Pella, United States
“Great stay”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had work to do in a Chicago suburb, and wanted to take my family to the city. This hotel was about halfway between both. It was about an hour to Lakeshore drive. The service was good, the room was clean, and reminded me of other Homewood Suites I've stayed in before. The Internet connection was stable, the breakfasts were good, and in all it was a good working vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Sara N, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for your review and for choosing the stay with the Homewood Suites brand again. Consistency within the brand is what we strive for to ensure you are receiving the product and service you expect from our hotels. Thank you for mentioning the stable internet. We had a large upgrade that took longer than anticipated; however, I am so delighted to share that it has been completed and running very smoothly. I am glad it met your satisfaction. Please come see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We have had two stays at this hotel leaving with the feeling the management was not to the standards you would expect from the Hilton family. During this stay, our 2nd, the room had issues. It apparently was missing the office desk & chair, the phone was sitting on the kitchen table not plugged into anything & the thermostat in the room was not able to keep the set temperature. We found previously chewed gum in the ice bucket & during the next morning's housekeeping visit they did not replenish the coffee supply or used glassware. When notifying the front desk about the phone, missing desk & coffee they stated they would look into it, but, did not follow up with us, however did provide coffee. We should probably have requested a different room, but had already unpacked everything. The second day housekeeping did provide some replacement articles, but after 3 days had not provided any fresh soap or shampoo. This was during a holiday weekend stay; perhaps during normal work weeks there is higher quality control.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank rhhjch
Thank you for this information. It is very disappointed to hear that you left feeling that hotel management failed you as a valued customer. As the General Manager of the hotel, it is my job to ensure that these experiences you had do not reoccur. I will be speaking with my staff to learn why these concerns were not brought to my attention. I can assure you I would have personally cleaned your room and ensured you had all the furniture you were supposed to have. Please know that I will be looking into the staff who were responsible for your suite and some re-training may be neccessary...from the front desk who didn't follow up, to housekeeping, to their managers, and even to myself. We are never beyond learning a new way of doing things and I committed to making this better for you and for all future guests. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and I hope we have the opportunity to make things right for you.
Hartville
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel Saturday through Wednesday. We were always greeted at the door with a friendly smile. The rooms were very clean. The pillows were a little on the soft side. We had breakfast every morning downstairs and the selection was very nice. The evening meals Monday-Thursday were very good also. All around a very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I will share your kind word with the staff who were involved in contributing to your comfort and satisfaction. I hope your travels will bring you back to us again and we look forward to it! Thank you!
Homer Glen
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Amazing ...awesome...perfect...fabulous...magnificent...wonderful. There are not enough superlatives to describe our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception there this weekend. The staff went above and beyond. The food was excellent. From the appetizers to the dinner to the late night snacks. Came out on time and delivered hot to each and every table. The room was set up to perfection. Looked like a fairy tale location. Outdoor patio with the water feature, furniture, fresh flowers and trellis was perfect for photo ops. Plenty of wait staff/bartenders. Never a long line for cocktails. Chef came out to meet the guests and make sure everyone had plenty to eat and enjoyed the meal. The hotel rooms were great. Breakfast the next morning was fantastic. The lobby made a lovely meeting space. The pool and hot tub were enjoyed by many guests. Special thanks to Noelle (event planner) and Tom (sous-chef) for helping make this a magical night for all!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Akron, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one week for a business seminar. I found the room to be very comfortable and well suited for my stay. The stars of this trip however were the staff. Every single one made a point to say good morning, good evening, how is my stay, is there anything you need. Very nice place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Sara N, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that our staff made your stay comfortable and enjoyable. It is really refreshing to know that the team is taking the time to ensure everyone feels welcomed and appreciated. Homewood Suites has a phrase that we all strive to live by which is O.P.O.G (outrageously pleasing our guests!) and it sounds like they put that into practice. Thank you so much for choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton Orland Park and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Safe travels!
saline, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you have never experienced this feeling while staying at a hotel you have not stayed here. If you are in town for business and want to feel like you have never left home, the staff goes the extra mile to make you feel like you are part of their extended family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Russell P
Thank you so much for your kind words. We DO want everyone to feel like they are an extension of our family! Often times travelers are away from their families and friends for a long period of time and we want to make sure that all of our guests know they have about 30 friends here at the Homewood Suites always. I am so happy that you felt this way and we look forward to having you back again. Thank you for selecting our hotel!
Orland Park, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The service was horrible and nobody seemed to care at the front desk. Asked for towels twice, never got them. Requested a room with tub when making reservation said they didnt have any rooms left with a tub. Have asthma and we were put on a smoking floor and had no other rooms, but didn't see many cars in the parking lot to have a full house.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that we failed to provide you with the exceptional service you deserved and expected from our hotel. The lack of service that you mentioned is unacceptable and quite embarrassing. I am a frequent traveler myself and I expect more from the hospitality industry than what you are describing. I am committed to correcting any behaviors that made you feel not considered by the front desk. I am also committed to ensuring that my staff has the proper training on handling guest requests in attempts to avoid these situations for future stays at our hotel.

I was surprised to hear your feedback regarding a smoking floor in the hotel. Our hotel does not permit smoking inside any guest rooms or community areas as our hotel is 100% smoke free. Perhaps we had another guest that bent the rules a bit and I apologize that we were unable to address it right away.

I agree with your comment regarding the lack of cars in the parking lot. Sometimes it surprises me too on how quiet we look on the outside but we are actually sold out. Most of our guests are business travelers who take public transportation in from the airports or they car pool with co-workers so the parking lot can definitely be deceiving.

I will be working on my end to correct the concerns you have brought to my attention. Without your feedback....how can we ever improve? Thank you again and I hope you feel like you can give us another chance to exceed your expectations and show you our improvements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orland Park
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park
Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton? Share your experiences!