“Good hotel with nice staff but manners needed at front desk.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Orland Park
Denver
“Good hotel with nice staff but manners needed at front desk.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Checked in late (to very pleasant desk agent) and left early so didn't get to experience too much of the property. Breakfast wait staff very attentive and a very good breakfast. My only complaints were that we checked out and my wife was asking directions to the nearest train station into Chicago. The male desk clerk (on duty 6/19) gave her a little info, then the phone rang. He went to a few calls as she was standing there and after about five minutes she left. I agree with previous comment about garbage truck in back of property. He blocked us in while we were trying to leave. Didn't take long but can see that he would be noisy if you were on the back side of the parking lot.

Room Tip: Front side of property probably least noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Indiana
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great location for a hotel with plently to eat at the hotel and around the town. You can go over to the Lifetime fitness and even workout! Thats great. People at this hotel are always going a little above and beyond what a normal hotel would do. Thats why they deserve a good review from me. Thank you!

Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I was in town for 4 days, overall a good stay. We was unable to check in until 3pm, due to housekeeping being slow. The internet was slow at times and booted me off a few times. The room was clean and quite. The breakfast was ok, not great, Supper was good. Close to a Champs and coldstone.

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed Friday through Sunday when we were in town for a wedding. We loved having the spacious room and kitchen for our own food and drinks. The front desk called about half an hour after we checked in to see if we had any needs. That was a nice touch. Great location too - walking distance to Champps Sports Bar, Houlihans and several other restaurants. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for over a month, and up through the last day of my stay I was amazed at how friendly and helpful the staff was. I really only had a few complaints during my stay. Here are the things I believe management should improve: First and worst was that the wifi was dial-up slow. Even the premium wifi was super slow (don't waste your money). There's really no excuse for that in my opinion. Second was at least once a week, the coffee in the morning was cold. My third complaint was the trash truck waking me up at 4 am weekly. My last complaint is the behavior of some of the banquet hall guests. When the event was over, the guests would often congregate in the parking lot behind the hotel, talking loudly.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. Just set your expectations based on the above.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel. The loud trash truck and the loud guests won't di...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric18_13
Troy, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Rooms are comfortable but don't expect too much from the complimentary breakfast, the food is always cold and not many choices unless you want a cold egg dish, tater tots that crumble when you try and eat them or old cereal. The pool/hot tub area is extremely small and can only accommodate one family at a time. The fitness center is just a few machines. The rooms and beds are comfortable although the furnishings can be updated, but we had no problems with room cleanliness.

Apple River, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Consistently, excellent stay as always at all Homewood Suites I’ve stayed at. One of the responsive staffs I have ever dealt with. Great place to stay at with children, as the rooms are spacious and a staff that love children.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orland Park
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park
Hampton Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton? Share your experiences!