“Great Place”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Clean, well kept rooms; friendly, helpful staff; fine ammenities! This was one of the finest motels I have ever stayed in!! It was a bit of a trick getting to it what with the road construction close by, but definitely worth the effort!

Room Tip: The mini suites (not sure what thy're called: king bed and couch area separate) are just a few d...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill A
travelguru75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your review! So glad to hear that it was worth the effort to get here with all the road construction going on! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband had back surgery in Illinois but we live in Florida. I am so happy that we chose this hotel to stay at for his recovery. We were there for approx 2 weeks, and we felt sad when we left. The manager Anita, Tom, and the girls at the front desk and there was a couple of men too. I regretfully don't remember all of their names, but they were all like a family. The maintenance man, Dave was also exceptional. We have family there in Illinois and that is now going to be our new home away from home. They all went above and beyond to make my husband comfortable and me as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. I was told that all of the employees have been there a long time. I can definately see why. Thankyou again staff at Holiday Inn Express I look so very forward to our return in October. I also want to compliment the housekeeping staff. Due to our situation, we were kind of a pain in the butt about when they came to clean our room, and they were more than happy to work around us.

Room Tip: Hard to say, I don't think there is a bad room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
travelguru75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the recovery is going well! We look forward to your visit again in October and don't forget to bring some Florida sun with you!!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Lobby has offensive odor, might be chlorine, as the pool is right there, but the room was fine, no objectionable odor. Rooms need more light - hard to read, higher wattage bulbs are necessary. Probably won't stay again, very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
travelguru75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and will make improvements on the items mentioned.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stay several nights per week in a hotel. When I find one I like I always come back to it. When I learned I would be back in the area I looked back through my notes and booked a room here again. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
travelguru75, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you very much for your review! We hope to see you again and again! :)

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Kristy and crew are awesome. This is my third time staying here. We have come Memorial day weekend for the last 3 yrs. compliments to the crew !!! Excellent value for the locations and great service make this location awesome.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The food selections for breakfast were limited. Maybe because it comes free with the room? The room cleanliness was good however the pillows cover looked like these were not changed and they smell. The staff were friendly but not very helpful. If they said they will come back to you, they don't!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Lourdes2525,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is nice to know that you found our staff to be courteous and location convenient. However, please accept my apologies that you found the breakfast served to be sub par. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and appropriate actions will be taken to rectify this incident.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed here for a work meeting in the area. The location is excellent for those traveling with a car..it is about 2 miles away from Route 34 which has excellent choices for shopping and eating. You could tell that this hotel had been another chain before. The bathroom was very small, with a vanity outside of it. However, the room was absolutely spotless. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. I did not eat the breakfast. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Hampton Inn Yorkville
Hampton Inn Yorkville
#1 of 2 in Yorkville
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego? Share your experiences!