“Awesome Hotel and Awesome staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago-Oswego on March 11th and was very pleased with my stay. From the moment I walked in I was greeted with the smiles of 2 very friendly employees at the front desk. They were very nice and ensured that I was getting the rooms that I preferred. I had asked for certain rooms adjoining.
We got checked in and went to the rooms. We came back down to get our luggage and got off of the elevator on the first floor to the smell of homemade cookies. I asked the desk workers about the smell and she said "yes I just took them out of the oven. Help yourselves"!
It's the little things in life that really help for a pleasant stay, such as a smile signaling the employees are happy with their job and of course the smell of home cookies go a long way, too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
MatthewNym, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for the great review Ivan F! We're glad you had such a pleasant experience with us during your trip. The cookies we provide are just a little something extra to show our guests how much we appreciate them and to let everyone know they have a home while they stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

The outside color of this hotel almost deterred me from stopping. The color is not a good choice for this good hotel. The staff was very good and on my needs as if I was their only guest. The room was the perfect size. Bed was great and the pillow options were probably the best I have had. The entire space was very well maintained. The price for my single night was very comparable to other hotels in the area. I would recommend it to business travelers for sure

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MatthewNym, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review Sheryl S. We really appreciate the feedback and the compliments, especially when they are coming from a seasoned traveler such as yourself. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel is conveniently close to our Chicago relatives and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The weather was turning brutally cold, but inside the hotel it was always pleasantly comfortable.

Our room was a bit tired and could use a little refurbishing, but it was clean, and housekeeping does a fine job. The bed was extremely firm; almost too much. We had a studio on the 3rd floor so it was quiet even though there were quite a few people staying there during the Christmas holiday. The heaters in the hotel rooms do not have thermostats only high/low settings. We ended up turning the heater off at night and that worked OK for us.

The complimentary breakfast was very good and the attendant kept it well-stocked and tidy.

Room Tip: Top floor always quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MatthewNym, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for spending the holidays with us akaSparky and we hope you continue to stay here whenever you visit your relatives. Hopefully next time the winter weather won't be so cold!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Excellent experience at hotel. Good location near shopping, etc. Room was spacious and clean. TV coverage was great, lots of channels. Near an nice lake park that is great for runners. There was road construction in the area, but it was passable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Ed1234, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We're very pleased you had a good experience and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay at holiday inn Oswego. If I had to guess this isn't a originally built holiday inn yet a revamped older hotel. I travel often and the rooms were on average with most others. My only complaint stems from other tenants running up and down halls all hours day and night. I called front desk matter was resolved but started up again next day while I was trying to sleep. Overall nice stay though!

• Stayed: December 2013
MatthewNym, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Lwh987, thank you for your review. I appreciate the feedback on the hallway noise, we always try and make sure every guest is comfortable and well rested. We hope to have you back as a guest real soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is very clean, Anita and the staff are great people they treated us like family.
pool area is clean bed is comfortable they also have a good breakfast I had a great time in Oswego. I will let my friends know is is a great stay if they ever make it to Oswego

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
travelguru75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My kids and I stay here several nights a month. We really like it. The staff is very nice, both daytime and evening shift, and accommodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is average or a little above for "continental" style as they do have some hot options.Pool area is clean and well kept. Manager Anita is very easy to work with if you have extended stay needs as well. The roll-away and pull-out beds aren't very comfortable, but then again, they never are no matter where you go!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
travelguru75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you gsmitty422 for you wonderful review! Glad you have enjoyed your time with us and let's see what we can do about those rollaway and pull outs! Thank you again for your feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Hampton Inn Yorkville
Hampton Inn Yorkville
#1 of 2 in Yorkville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego? Share your experiences!