“Great food & staff”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food & staff”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We have never had a bad meal or service at this restaurant . It is always consistent . Our in laws are in their 80's and they enjoy it. Prices are very reasonable. Hard to find a good steak in our area,unless you want to cook yourself. Had had several items on menu. Go there. The staff are always friendly & not pushy or there when you need them.

• Visited November 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“steak excllent”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My husband ordered the steak and it was terrific. I on the other hand had chicken. The chicken had a thick coating on it and no flavor.Our waitresss was absolutely horrible. The table behind us came in later and had more people and they were served and gone just as we got our meal. We felt like the server was ignoring us. We were going to stay for dessert but didn't want to wait another 1/2 hr and be ignored. We went to other place for coffee and pie. We were t

Visited October 2012
1 Thank critterlcm
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We were a bit nervous about trying Woody's after reading reviews, and some of them were spot on, where others were pretty far off. We ate there this evening at 7pm. We had reservations and were seated immediately. Our waiter, Joe, was exceptional. He asked if we wanted a drink from the bar, explained the specials, which were a deep fried pork chop with corn bread stuffing for $17 or twin 6oz lobster tails for $30. We ordered the mushroom cap appetizer, which was incredible, and each of us ordered the Empress 16oz prime rib. The daily vegetable was carrots, they were good, the double baked was $3.50 extra, which i thought unusual for their already high pricing. I had the spinich salad, he has a regular dinner salad. My fiancé ordered his prime rib medium and I ordered mine medium well. The service was exceptional, but the prime rib was horribly overlooked. I could not even cut thru mine and it was like a well over cooked roast. The previous reviews warned of their over cooking, I should have listened. To our waiter, who was new to Ottawa and this was his very first Saturday night, Joe, you did FANTASTIC and this resturant is lucky to have you. To Woody's, your chef needs a better knowledge of the appropriate temps and redness of meat cooking and your resturant will be amazing. Our bill was $75, which would have been well worth it if the meal was adequately prepared.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Do yourself a favor and don't go there”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We went with another couple and spent around $90.00 on their high price drinks. We finally went into the dining room and I ordered a rib eye which was fatty and over cooked. I hate to send back food because when it comes back everyone else in your party is done eating. I feel when you are paying $26 for a steak it should be cooked right. The waitress took it back and when the new steak came out it was rare, I had ordered it medium rare. I had already said just take it off the bill. Next thing I know this woman who was suppose to be the owner came out and said we don't take food off the bill. I had never heard that before. Our bill for drinks and food was over $200.00. I cannot believe you would treat customers this way. I wish I had read the reviews before we went there. The worse publicity you can get is word of mouth. I plan one telling everyone I know so they don't have this same experience. On the plus side there is a family style restaurant in Ottawa called Sun Field and the food is great, prices very reasonable and wonderful service.

3 Thank Vicki1246
Elk Grove Village IL
“Average at best; over priced”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

There were three of us for dinner. The waitperson had a hard time (impossible really) telling us the difference between the different cuts of meat. Steaks were reported good but nothing to write home about. I had scallions on top of pasta. Scallions very good but I couldn't get the pasta down at all; unusual taste. The bill was close to $100 which I thought was high for what we got. Won't be back again.

1 Thank signots