Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
QualityInn
Surrey Motel(Ottawa)
US$64
US$61
Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$176
US$169
  • Pool
US$122
Best Western Oglesby Inn(Oglesby)(Great Value!)
US$114
BestWestern.com
Relax Inn(Streator)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$67
US$65
All reviewsstarved rockfront deskroom was cleannice lobbylast minute triphotel chainslate checkup to dateeggs and sausagethe breakfast areanice propertycomplimentary breakfastgreat customer serviceeasy accessstaff was very friendlywould stay againfairfield
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this Marriott property approximately a dozen times this year (2013) and always have a pleasant time.

Of course, Marriott offers a clean, comfortable and inviting atmosphere and the Fairfield Brand is always pleasant. The Lobby, rooms, breakfeast area (which has a very nice spread each morning), pool and hot tub (Oh! I love a "hot" hot tub-they are so soothing and relaxing) are kept in tip-top condition. I have never had an issue that was not satisfactorily addressed in a very timely manner.

I attribute this to a wonderful Lady named Delores. When I started staying at this location early in the year I had an issue witht the room I was assigned. delores (as the acting Manager at the time, immediately and professionally handled my issue and gave me a room that I now "claim as mine" every time I stay. Delores is an excellent representative for Marriott-she has to deal with some very rude people and I witnessed one occassion that I (as a retired Plant Manager) would have told the person acting ignorantly to "hit the road". Delores kept her proffessionalism in tact, yet was firm and acted as a good Manager (My opinion is that the complaininng party was just trying to get a free room due to a quite minor inconveience). but Delores handled it all with tact, strength and diplomacy.

It's nice now-I make my reservation on-line and then call to request "my room"-Delores happened to answer the phone the last two occassions and, quite unbelievably, recognized my voice and adressed me by name! I feel like family with a home away from home!

Marriott finally brought in a new Manager, Janet and she is learning the ropes of the new location. I feel that Janet, with Delores as the Guest Services Manager, will keep this location quite worthy of mine, and your continued business.

Room Tip: I like to be near the Lobby-that is then very convient to the Business Center and Breakfeast area, yet half a hotel length away from the pool-exactly what I prefer!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I usually stay at another hotel in Ottawa, but they were fully booked so I booked here.
Glad we did. We'll stay there again. Everything was excellent, including the breakfast buffet.
We were too busy to check out the pool. Maybe next time

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were traveling through Ottawa and needed a room just for the night. We stopped and inquired at another chain where we usually stay and the entrance was very dirty and the desk staff not very friendly so we decided to try Fairfield and were pleasantly surprised. Everything was very clean and the desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our king room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was better than some of the others we had on this trip. We could hear some noise from the hallway but it wasn't bad. A good night's stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacation1966
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is a nice Fairfield Inn. It is close to the interstate and surrounded by a few restaurants and stores. There is a Krogers Grocery right across the main street. The downtown area is only 2.3 miles away. Not a bad walk or a short drive if you want. The rooms are nice and quiet. The breakfast buffet is typical with eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit, etc. Plenty to eat. It is the only Marriott property in the area. I will stay here again when in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The Fairfield Inn and Suites provided a great one-night stay for us. The lobby area was bright and inviting and the desk worker was very friendly. Room was as expected, and a back patio area was available for sitting out and had a gas grill for cooking out. The best surprise was to find out the breakfast buffet was available at 5:30 am on a Sunday morning when the posted start time was 7 AM! All regular items were available and eggs and sausage was out by 6 am. Since we had an early start for the day it was great to start with a good breakfast. We will definitely be back when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple