“Nice place to spend the night”

Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This hotel is along the I-80 in Ottawa, Illinois. We were looking for a clean, comfortable hotel for the night while on our way to Colorado from the east. The room was large, clean and comfortable. with all of the amenities of other Hilton Hotels: king bed with nice comforter and sheets, toiletries that include hair conditioner (not found in many other hotels), complimentary Wi-Fi. The only problem we encountered was the very loud noise every time the heat came on. Consequently, our sleep was interrupted several times. Upon speaking to the manager at check out, he happily credited us the full amount of the room charge for the night. This was unexpected, but very much appreciated. It will bring us back to the Hampton Hotels. Breakfast was the usual assortment of cold and hot items.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 January 2013

and I wan't advised when I booked online. Didn't realize it was a construction zone until I arrived or I would have stayed in another hotel in that area. They also charged a full rate for that night. Really bad form on their part...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HamptonInnOttawa, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

I am so sorry for the construction issues you experienced while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safey is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Again, pleae accept my apologies and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

This is your standard Hampton Inn and it is a good place to stay. My three stars are not because of an overall bad stay but that for 130 dollars its just that, standard. The hotel is under renovation which again is not a bad thing. But I booked online and no where did it state that it was under construction. If I was a point chasing hussie I would of walked out when I walked in the door.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Overall this is a wonderful Hampton with an outstanding staff. We have grown to favor Hampton Inns for their consistency and incredibly comfortable beds. However, this bed had some of their famous linens but the mattress was rock hard. My husband and tossed and turned and my back still aches. It didn't have a "Heavenly Bed" sign so it may be an imposter. If you don't care about the bed this is a great, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My wife and I have stayed here on three occasions, this past Friday being the most recent. While the hotel is nothing fancy, it is generally clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. This last visit, there was a foul odor on the second floor hallway (like body odor). Thankfully, the smell did not spread to the room, but it was pretty bad. We informed the management of it in the morning, but they did not seem overly concerned. There are not many options in Ottawa, but I hope they clean up the smell before our next visit.

Room Tip: For now avoid the 2nd floor until they get rid of the foul smell.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business last night and rooms were clean. Beds were exceptional actually and service was good. Rooms are showing wear and tear but still very functional. Overall quite a safe bet if you find yourself in rural Illinois.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I am currently staying at the Hampton Inn in Ottawa Il. With my wife and two children and so far its been an disaster. They front desk has been very rude not only that bit do not greet you nor make you feel welcomed. They have called us twice already at 10pm to tell us that my children must quiet down and that i should put them, to sleep. I would have never thought they would discriminate on someone just because we have 2 young children. Cant to leave already booked another room at a competing hotel very dissapointed by there service or,lack there of. Beware !

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank cquest1
HamptonInnOttawa, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

I sincerely apologize if you felt undervalued or unwelcome by any of our staff members and I’ve addressed this issue. Our guests’ comfort and safety is a number one concern and we must address noise complaints we receive by other guests. I apologize if there was any miscommunication and if our staff was anything but courteous in their approach. I’ve addressed this with them as well. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
15 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru

Been to Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area? Share your experiences!