“Freezing Breakfast”

Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Overall this is probably your average hotel. This hotel, like most I have stayed at, has not made any effort to build rooms so that you don't hear every footstep the people above you make. The major problem I do have with this hotel is that the eating area for the breakfast is in the middle of the lobby. We stayed in winter. They left the outside set of doors to the lobby open, so every time someone entered the second set, the cold breeze from outside came in. I was freezing and would think they could provide something as basic as a warm place to eat my breakfast in the winter.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnOttawa, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Ottawa (Starved Rock Area). A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We have addressed the issue with the doors not closing and proper repairs have been made. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Ottawa.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

loved this Hampton Inn. Really beautiful renovations. Everyone was helpful and nice. I would highly recommend this location as a weekend get away from Chicago. Lots of nice restaurants near by and of course Starve Rock Park for hiking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Ottawa area. It was recently renovated. Friendly staff and a decent breakfast. Only improvement would be to monitor the "hot food" area of the breakfast. I was also very impressed with the renovations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

just an average hotel on a HW80. stayed there on a business trip to Ottaw. checking-in took some time. checking out took forever. breakfast was good. breakfasr staff were OK. reciptionst and on duty manager were not avaliable on the front desk when you needed them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnOttawa, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was only average. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. I do appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services.

If you are back in the area in the future, feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to handle your reservation personally, to ensure you are provided with the exceptional stay you deserve.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My room at the Hampton Inn in Ottawa, IL was probably the cleanest I've ever stayed in. The staff is friendly and the entire building has been remodeled with a comfortable modern style. The complimentary breakfast in on par with typical Hampton fare. It's a good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. It was clean and comfortable as well as nicely decorated. It's conveniently located yet nice and quiet. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Hotel was impressive from the get go. I reserved the room days in advanced and requested a certain room. I was greeted with a smile & my room was waiting for my wife & I. Very quick check in. The Hotel & room was extremely clean. My wife left her shoes in our room & did not notice until we were down the road quite aways. We contacted the front desk & they mailed her the shoes @ no cost to us. I rate this hotel at 5 Stars.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
15 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru

Been to Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area? Share your experiences!