“Hampton pleases again”

Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
“Hampton pleases again”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Loved this place. Beds were super comfortable, staff was great, indoor pool that I didn't use, breakfast was really good. Close to the attraction we were there to see (Starved Rock) and close to stores to pick up the items I forgot.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Loved loved loved this hotel. I am a Hilton Honors member and try to stay at Hampton Inns when I can, because they almost always give me what I need: peace and quiet, a decent breakfast, free wifi, indoor pool/ whirlpool, exercise room, a price that won't break my wallet. This Hampton Inn hit it out of the park.

Five-star service to start. The desk clerk was so kind and helpful, even going so far as to print out some travel info for me. The room was delightful: clean, perfectly appointed, quiet. The pool area was well lit and the exercise room was the best I've seen in ages: elliptical, recumbent bike, treadmill, a great weight selection, mats, exercise balls, all in tip-top shape.

Wifi was speedy. Breakfast was delicious, with several hot and cold items,a good selection of fresh fruits and juices, and of course all the coffee, tea or hot chocolate you could want.

The location is perfect. Right off Route 80, but set far enough off the main road for peace and quiet. There are many restaurants nearby, and staff is happy to recommend a local place if you want to get away from standard highway fare.

I absolutely loved my experience here and hope to stay again some time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank writer262runner
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had stayed at this hotel some years ago and based on that stay, I decided to book again. I was not disappointed. Since my last stay, the hotel has upgraded. It had a very clean, fresh look. The staff was very professional. Staff aware of HHonors status and prepared for my arrival. Room was very clean and fresh. There is quite a bit of traffic in the area of this hotel, but it is easy in and out. Also very quiet. Another great Hampton Inn stay for me!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Forest Lake
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This motel is a convenient place to stop on our vacation trips. We always stop here on our way to Maryland, or heading towards Florida. It is close to the freeway and just a short drive to some good restaurants. The rooms of always been clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The handicap accessible room has an open frame(8) under the bed. That is a feature very hard to find and a necessity for me as I use ahoyer lift to get transferred from my wheelchair into the bed. Without this feature I could not stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jerry K
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The deck clerk was very nice at check-in. She made us feel right at home. Check out the Starved Rock Park and if the first time do the tour first. Then check out down town Ottawa. If you are scout leaders 2 must see things: 1.Scout museum in town is good and only 3 dollars. 2.Check out grave site of William Boyd (He started boy scouts in USA) I think we are going to bring the scout troop back to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Lake Zurich, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I recently spent a weekend at the hotel. Everything look very nice on arrival. The washcloths were even folded into little flower petals. But, once we started using the shower we were shocked. My husband used the safety rail on the wall and it pulled away at the bottom. It looked as if they had only used caulk to attach it to the wall. When it pulled away, really black awful looking water drained out of it all over the tub. Then when he got out of the shower, the curtain rod moved all over the place. It too was only connected with glue or caulk. As you walked around the bathroom you could hear the tile moving. It was also loose and not put down properly. I think the cleaning staff is really doing a good job, but whoever does their repair work needs to go back to school.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wayland, MI
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was very clean. Refrigerator was actually COLD where in most hotels they're not. Bed was comfortable. Location had easy access. Would stay here again. Noise level from other guests was non-audible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru

Been to Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area? Share your experiences!