All reviews front desk nice room bed was comfortable would definitely stay here again a nice place to stay night's rest continental breakfast hot tub cracker barrel renovated hotel excellent stay microwave and refrigerator each morning booked this hotel biscuits and gravy staff was very friendly pets
Reviewed 18 April 2012

PROPERTY: I stayed at this property for 2 nights in room 318 a double queen room. This property is starting to show it’s age and could use some freshening up as it’s not on par with other (newer) HEI’s.

The hotel had a pool which was “Out of Order”. Based on other reviews, it seems to be a common theme.

DINING: The breakfast was nothing special. A few cereal choices, hot biscuits and gravy and prefab eggs. The pancake maker was out of order. There is a Cracker Barrel across the parking lot, go there.

ROOM: The room was clean and the décor was uninspiring. The room felt smaller than usual and lacked a micro/fridge combo found in similar properties. A coffee maker is provided. The room had light road noise from street traffic. The furniture was in good condition and had a 32” flat screen TV.

The bathroom was small with tub/shower combo. I had NO HOT WATER twice during my stay when showering at 6:30-7:00 am. The sink area is small and made of cultured marble.

BEDDING: The bed was very good with a nice white comforter but cheap pillows.

WORK AREA: The table is the size of a Chicklet and almost unusable for work. The chair is not adjustable and not suited for laptop work. There is only ½ of an electrical outlet provided nearby (the other one is used for a light) for powering electronics. Poor-mediocre lighting throughout room.

The staff was friendly and accommodating.

PROS: price? “surface clean” (deep down, not so much)

CONS: Pool out of order, no micro/fridge, dated atmosphere, nothing special.

RATING: I expected better. Overall I would give the property a 75/100 and 75/100 for value. I would consider staying here again, but would definitely look at other properties nearby. I heard similar disappointing stories about the Hampton Inn next door as our large group was divided between the two properties. Try the Fairfield Inn.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank YepBeenThere
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear YepBeenThere,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience with our friendly staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry our pool has been closed for renovations since late January 2012. We are hoping the renovations will be complete and the pool back open soon. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the hotel furnishings. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have stayed here many times for business. Very consistent and clean. Pool is closed for repairs right now, not sure for how long,

Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank ramblingsalesman
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I prebooked on line to save a whooping $10, do not prebook as when they have your money you will never get it back
I went up for Eagle Watch weekend at Straved Rock, when I checked in at the Holidy Inn
was told both the pool and hot tub where out of service since thursday.
No telephone call before hand to inform me of this fact and the woman at the service alomost did not inform us of this fact

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Schaumburg800
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The people were so friendly. The room was clean and the pool a welcome diversion.

Date of stay: September 2011
1  Thank Janeway62
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Very clean and quiet. Had a great night's sleep which is the important part. Morning staff was pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast was fine, nothing special expected and it was adequate for free. The only down side is that it just seemed a little on the high-side considering what & where it is.

Date of stay: November 2011