All reviewsfront desknice rooma nice place to staybed was comfortablewould definitely stay here againnight's restcontinental breakfastrenovated hotelhot tubexcellent staymicrowave and refrigeratorbooked this hoteleach morningstaff was very friendlyihgpetscons
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I have been to this hotel dozens of times over the last few years for work. It is always my preferred place to stay when I'm in the area. The staff is always great and very accommodating. Mary (guest services manager) and Deb (general manager) are always fantastic.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms at the east end of any hall. The first floor east end is near the pool, vending, laundry and front reception/breakfast area. The second and third floor east ends are near the elevator and the ice machine and can be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Wonderful hotel! They are pet friendly which is incredibly convenient especially since Starved Rock hiking trails are so pet friendly. The rooms are clean and the staff is so friendly. The front desk recommended good places to eat and what to do on my stay. I work in hotels so i understand the importance of a great front desk staff. they were wonderful! I would definitely stay here again if i visit starved rock!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Good hotel. Got a nice upgrade with my platinum status. Front desk was friendly. Breakfast area is small though. Barely fits 10 people at a time. I come here several times a year for work. Always have stayed at this location and have yet to be disappointed. And across the street is the sports bar Shakers.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The staff friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable..the Manager Deb worked out a great deal for me for my upcoming business trips...conviently located.
The Breakfast was more than I expected..Most places serve stale donuts and toast. Here I had choices: pancakes, biscuits, eggs, meat, fruit, yogurt, muffins, etc...

Room Tip: King Room...plenty of space and comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Nice place, typical of HIE. Our room window did not have a screen on it, kinda wanted to have the window open for a nighttime breeze! On the plus side they do allow pets which was our major reason for staying here, just over $100 for the room w/ a continental breakfast here OR down the road at a nasty very, very old place they wanted $85 because we had our pets with us!!!!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the backside, they are next to a Sears store so you should get decent sleep. The front side has a bar across the street and it is loud until they close at 2:00!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family