All reviewsfront desknice rooma nice place to staybed was comfortablewould definitely stay here againnight's restcontinental breakfastrenovated hotelhot tubexcellent staymicrowave and refrigeratorbooked this hoteleach morningstaff was very friendlyihgpetscons
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

I've been staying here for about a decade and it hasn't changed. Fairly clean but nothing exceptional. Needs new carpets but I can tell they're cleaned regularly. I've stayed in a couple high end hotels lately that have laminate flooring. It's much cleaner, durable and fewer allergens. Perhaps the management should consider this.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ramblingsalesman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear ramblingsalesman,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the carpet condition. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Was out in Ottawa for an overnight and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Loved the location since it was close to so many things. Farm & Fleet across the street and a Walmart just down the road. Had no issues with the hotel and my room was very nice, spacious, and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. The only complaint I would have with this hotel is the free breakfast. It was really pretty bad, but thankfully there is a Cracker Barrel right next door with great breakfasts. Overall, it was fine, the breakfast was just pretty lame. I think the hotel should just give up the breakfast and give discount coupons to Cracker Barrel instead.

Room Tip: Breakfast was not great...thankfully there is a Cracker Barrel right next door! My suggestion is to eat there!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The hotel was not clean and smelled old. The carpet in the hallways were badly stained and so were the chairs in the rooms. The first and the third floor smelled of cigarette smoke and there was trash constantly sitting outside of other guests rooms. After 2 weeks of staying here, one of my coworkers spotted 3 mice in her room eating an unopened package of cheese crackers in the middle of the night. They did immediately move her to another room, however our company moved us to another hotel the next day. Upon moving, another coworker of mine discovered mouse feces in her dresser drawer and a package of her unopened wipes with bite marks on it as she was packing to move out. The only good thing to report about this hotel was the customer service. I would not advise anyone to stay here until they have the rodent issue under control!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank 110tiffanyj
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I have been to this hotel dozens of times over the last few years for work. It is always my preferred place to stay when I'm in the area. The staff is always great and very accommodating. Mary (guest services manager) and Deb (general manager) are always fantastic.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms at the east end of any hall. The first floor east end is near the pool, vending, laundry and front reception/breakfast area. The second and third floor east ends are near the elevator and the ice machine and can be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Wonderful hotel! They are pet friendly which is incredibly convenient especially since Starved Rock hiking trails are so pet friendly. The rooms are clean and the staff is so friendly. The front desk recommended good places to eat and what to do on my stay. I work in hotels so i understand the importance of a great front desk staff. they were wonderful! I would definitely stay here again if i visit starved rock!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo