All reviews front desk nice room a nice place to stay bed was comfortable would definitely stay here again night's rest continental breakfast renovated hotel hot tub excellent stay microwave and refrigerator booked this hotel each morning biscuits and gravy staff was very friendly ihg pets
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I liked the room...it was all in gold colored hues...but unfortunately, the longer I stayed in there, the more I smelled smoke. In addition, it was obvious that smoking and partying was going on all around us. I had traveled long that day, and I especially wanted to stay in Ottawa to go to the town square where Lincoln had debated with Douglas, but the stay at the hotel was disappointing. They didn't even have a Starbucks in town. I was overjoyed to see the town square, however....

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lbca23
Debra C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Lbca23,
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise and smell of smoke you experienced in your room. I regret we fell short in providing great service during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Debra Carson

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because of the proximity to the 5k we were doing that weekend. I can understand the lack of enthusiasm the hotel felt with hundreds of very muddy guests spending the weekend there, but that is not an excuse for poor service. We never received a "hello" when we walked in, a "good morning" or even a "have a nice day" or any overall friendliness. The hotel itself was clean, although the bedding did smell of cigarettes.
If neededI would probably stay here again, but this hotel would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank dn9999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear dn9999,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret we fell short in rendering great service during your stay. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Joel B

Reviewed 23 April 2013

You don't get what is promised.. The room had no shampoo. Hair in the tub and towels look dirty maybe the room was not cleaned the the mattress was horrible on both beds. The ac didn't work all night and when I told the desk agent she didn't even say sorry! The breakfast severed ham it was hard as a rock!! They had good coffee!! With the amount of money I paid the least I expect is a smile! Don't stay

Room Tip: Don't stay and if you do don't expect the quality service you get that other holiday inns
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mayleen L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Mayleen L,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with the room condition and with breakfast. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen G.

Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

I've been staying here for about a decade and it hasn't changed. Fairly clean but nothing exceptional. Needs new carpets but I can tell they're cleaned regularly. I've stayed in a couple high end hotels lately that have laminate flooring. It's much cleaner, durable and fewer allergens. Perhaps the management should consider this.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ramblingsalesman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear ramblingsalesman,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the carpet condition. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Was out in Ottawa for an overnight and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Loved the location since it was close to so many things. Farm & Fleet across the street and a Walmart just down the road. Had no issues with the hotel and my room was very nice, spacious, and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. The only complaint I would have with this hotel is the free breakfast. It was really pretty bad, but thankfully there is a Cracker Barrel right next door with great breakfasts. Overall, it was fine, the breakfast was just pretty lame. I think the hotel should just give up the breakfast and give discount coupons to Cracker Barrel instead.

Room Tip: Breakfast was not great...thankfully there is a Cracker Barrel right next door! My suggestion is to eat there!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo