Quality Inn
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
US$75
Travelocity
US$100
US$95
  • Pool
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock(Oglesby)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hotels.com
US$100
BestWestern.com
All reviewsjazz festivalcomfortable bedegg pattiesstaff was friendlywould stay here againlamphousekeepingrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

When I first walked into Econolodge, i was fairly impressed. Theyre renovating and apologized for it immediately. I stayed the night in a room that desperately needed upgrades (my comforter had cigarette burns in it) & down the hall i could hear a dog barking. There was a sign at the front desk that said no pets, but i guess pitbulls are able to be registered as service dogs. My room was hot like the a/c hadn't been turned on in weeks. The foreign kids at the front counter didn't seem like they knew anything about the area and had bad English. I could hardly understand what they were trying to say. I went down for breakfast and breakfast was average but for the price of the rooms it should have better selection. And Im glad they employ someone who speaks English, wish she could have been there at night time to make my stay more comfortable. Also, housekeeping does a great job cleaning, but the hotel should probably get them uniform shirts because I almost freaked out when I saw someone walk into my room. Just some thoughts Econolodge.

• Stayed: July 2014
KULINPA, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear , Guest

Econo Lodge
815-433-9600

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am an employee through a big company and was very impressed when I walked in the Econolodge. It is in a good location, close to stores, gas stations, and food is near-by as well. The front desk attendant was very friendly and offered to help in any way possible to make my stay enjoyable. The "under construction" sign was not a problem for me, seemed like renovations were done little by little throughout the day while the hotel is vacant. I stayed for 2 nights. The breakfast is nothing spectacular, just something light to start the day traveling or working. I have stayed in Hampton Inns and Holiday Inns that were rundown. Although, Econolodge has that reputation, I was impressed by the outside being modern, friendly staff, and the willingness to please the guests. Next time I come through for business, I will make this hotel my number one choice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KULINPA, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Miah,

Property CHI
EconoLoge
815-433-9600

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were attending the local wine and jazz festival and didn't want to spend a fortune, so we booked the Econo Lodge as we have stayed with this brand before and find them adequate. When we arrived we were pleased by the redecorating that is taking place in the lobby. The clerk was very friendly when we checked in. We did notice there didn't seem to any air conditioning in the hallways, which was a bit uncomfortable since it was in the upper 80's outside. Our room was stifling hot, so we immediately drew the drapes and turned on the air conditioning so when we returned in the evening it would be cool. Many hours later we returned. The hotel was quiet and our room was pleasantly cool. The room is smaller than most standard hotel rooms, but there was plenty of room for two end tables, a desk, and dresser. The sink is in the room. Our night passed pleasantly on a comfortable bed. The next morning we headed downstairs for breakfast around 8 since the hotel only serves breakfast on weekends until 9, which should be extended for weekend sleepers, of which we would have been but for the fear there wouldn't be breakfast. The breakfast room is small, but you can take food out. We decided to eat there. First, it is an Econo Lodge, so we don't expect a lot from breakfast. We didn't get much, although we were happy to see the waffle maker. The orange juice seemed watered down, and it was extremely cold. The apple juice only dispensed water. The coffee also tasted very watered down. I made a waffle, and although the batter was very thin, it plumped up nicely. The bread ran out, and when the front desk clerk was informed of this, she quickly responded and filled the bread. So, nothing special, but it never is at an Econo Lodge. It's enough to propel us forward. When we returned to the room, I showered and discovered the water was lukewarm until I jerked the handle until I couldn't turn it any longer. My husband had no problem with his shower temperature. When I reached for the hair dryer I discovered it was covered in an icky brown substance. This was something that should have been spotted by housekeeping. I wiped the substance off and determined it was foundation cream. I left a note for housekeeping so next time they'll look at everything in the room to make sure it is all clean. A sign at the front desk says they are upgrading to a Quality Inn, and it appears our room was already done (new wallpaper border, nice bed, funky art on the walls), but small touches need to be attended to before Quality Inn status is achieved, such as cleaning the wallpaper around the sink area so it is spotless, putting soap in the shower as well as by the sink so you don't have to carry slippery soap into the shower, upgrading the coffee available in the room, and adding to the breakfast. Bottom line: it's a solid choice for the Econo Lodge chain with a comfortable bed, nice employees, food to send you on your way, and easy access to town and the highway.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have a lot of luggage, ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
KULINPA, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our on line survey regarding your recent stay our hotel your feed back is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable exprience for each of our guest. We hope see you again soon

Pravin Panchal

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two nights and found this hotel to be OK. There was a sign that mentioned they are upgrading but until that happens you can expect well worn rooms that are clean but stained/worn. The stay included a minimal continental breakfast. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. It looked out over a cornfield so it was quiet at night.

Would I stay here again? Sure but not for more than $50, there just isn't enough going for it to compete with similar hotels that have been updated in the last 10 years.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Pravin Panchal

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Woke up this morning to find end table alive and crawling with hundreds of ants. Bathroom floor and walls covered with ants. From now on I will choose hotels I stay in with more scrutiny. Could not wait to get out of here. The price seemed fair when I checked in but I did not know I would be sharing
Room with so many critters. Put my glasses on and one ran across my lens.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly W
KULINPA, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

On behalf of Choice Property Hotels and as Property Manager first all I give my deepest apologies for the experience you had at my property. It saddened me that you had problem with exterminator in your room, Exterminator company inspect all room every month and required services.however this being brought to my attention I would like to correct this with you (guest) and regain your satisfaction and experience here at the hotel. Hopefully we can resolve issue in future stay.