“Really Good Neighborhood Stop”
Review of Donkey Inn

Donkey Inn
Ranked #46 of 151 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Donkey has a young waitstaff that is very energetic and eager to please. The food is really good too!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I read the previous reviews and thought how much I enjoy fish fries. The walleye was hard as a rock and had to cut it with a knife. My mother in law got the catfish and thought it tasted swampy. My husband got the bottomless ocean perch and that was the best fish with light coating. The side salads were large with lots of veggies on them and crisp lettuce. The coleslaw was soggy and sweet. The tater tots...had a frozen taste. The waffle and french fries were better. This was not a good meal and we won't be going back.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Road trip that took us to Palatine Illinois. Our friend recommended this lively pub. There was an abundance of televisions hanging from the wall. So you could say sports bar? Nope. Its a lovely pub atmosphere that reminded us of the 'Cheers' pub in the television series. You know where everybody knows your name? Well, at least it felt that way when we arrived. It was friendly, and although a bit noisy you couldn't help but want to smile from all the laughter and good feeling this pub projected. The food was very good as well. My husband loved their tatter tots, I had salad which was delicious and filling. When we found out they served breakfast as well we were back for breakfast. The only thing about breakfast it was a bit dark inside. You could help but miss the people that were there the night before. But you can have breakfast al fresco. With that said, the breakfast was delicious. Two thumbs up guys. Please don't change.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

In my opinion, Donkey Inn's walleye pike on Friday evenings is by far the best fish dinner in the Palatine area.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Donkey has surprisingly good food considering it's a bar. The salads are huge, the burgers are great, and hey, how often do you see tots on the menu?