“25 milk shake flavors”

Sonic Drive-In
Ranked #96 of 151 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 19 July 2014

You can eat in your car or at a picnic table on the small patio.
Either way you order/pay at a station with an intercom.
Study the menu, and press the red button when you're ready to order.
We were not able to sign into the "free" wi-fi.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

After a terrific dinner, my girlfriend suggested Sonic for desert. She introduced me to the Ice Cream Slushie --- wow, what a GREAT treat!!
I've always loved the Sonic breakfast burrito and cheeseburgers. Love that they have tots instead of fries as their standard.
If you haven't tried Sonic -- give it a shot, you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have seen many Sonic ads on tv and they are very compelling. We were shopping and I was hungry so I asked my wife if we could check it out. I pulled in and the menu is confusing and needs to be cut back. I ended up ordering a cheese burger,which was mostly bun and little burger. I was disapointed and will most likley not return.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Sonic is a passable fast food place that serves some interesting variations on typical fast food. First, they have Foot Long Chili Dogs, and they are pretty good. Secondly, they have "Tater Tots" which are a nice option to the usual fries. Then, they allow almost infinite customization of soft drinks and teas, with all their add in flavors. So what's not to like? Well, if you don't want to carry out, and you don't want chili from the chili dog on your new auto interior, and it is the typical Chicago area winter day, you are pretty much S.O.L., since there is no "inside" here. Maybe back where they were founded this is fine, but it really cramps my options in the winter up here in the North!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Great place to go if you are hungry, hungover, handicapped, tired, etc. You pull in and park by the speaker, order your food, pay from the speaker box with your credit card. Cash is accepted too. Listen to your radio, watch people in the parking lot, and then the server brings it right to your car. Food is good. It's what you would expect from a burger place. A little greasy, but it's exactly what that hangover needs.