“Service is scoops above the rest!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Service is scoops above the rest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Christie's Dairy Delights has recently taken over a previous ice cream and snack shop in downtown Palatine and they are doing an excellent job making themselves known throughout the community. My family and I visited on a Thursday evening and the place had constant traffic but no real lines. They have a great selection of ice cream and yogurt flavors; something for everyone, from the cake and cotton candy flavors to a toffee with whiskey in it for adults. Truly excellent flavor options. The lemon cheesecake was out of this world. All of the ice cream flavors we tried were delicious and they were very kind in letting us try a couple of samples before we made our final decisions. Nice selection of waffle cones, regular cones, and pretzel cones, along with a huge list of toppings and sauces.
We had two minor issues, all our fault, and they handled them beautifully...like true customer service experts! First, on the way out the door, my dad toppled part of his sundae onto the ground. He went back in and they kindly topped off his whipped cream and cherry without giving him dirty looks or even thinking twice about giving him the extra whipped cream. Second, I had asked for two different flavors in my cup but they accidentally gave me two scoops of one flavor. I really did not mind, I was happy to eat any ice cream, but once they noticed (I did not complain, they realized this on their own), the owner, Christie, who is there all the time, came outside to where I was sitting and dropped off an extra scoop of the missing flavor. I really thought that was kind and a demonstration of them going out of their way to make the customers happy and satisfied. And satisfied I was...I guilted myself into eating all 3 scoops of their high quality ice cream.
There is inside and outside seating, a huge chalk board and tv for kids, and a doggie water dish outside (we appreciated this because we had brought our dog).
We had a great experience here and will definitely be back! Welcome to the neighborhood, Christie's!

• Visited June 2014