“Check In and Stay”

Motel 6 Chicago Northwest Palatine
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Palatine
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I check in om Sept. 15th. It went vert nice. The stay was also great and I like the new remodeled rooms. I enjoyed the extra room. I enjoyed my stay. My room was easy to find. Also the check out was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Motel 6 Chicago Northwest Palatine, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear David,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We value all guest feedback. We strive to provide a great place to stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your remodeled rooms. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Motel 6 Palatine

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I give it four stars mainly because the customer service checking in was sub par. I got lost looking for this place but they gave me the best directions and were very patient until I got there. Other than that the room was great with comfortable bedding, working bathroom, great Internet connection in a great area with easy access to 290 and Illinois-53. Restaurants and gas stations are nearby but the location is hidden by an Acura dealership yet accessible.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear Knighttravelmd,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry you felt that you did not receive the best customer service. We are very sorry. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make changes to the motel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Motel 6 Palatine

Reviewed 5 October 2012

This place must have been a higher end chain before Motel 6, and was still nice and clean. But the poor service hurt the experience. Two of the three days the wake-up call left did not occur, and the last day I was there I got no maid service--not discovered until i returned tired at a late hour and all I could do was get some supplies at the front desk. Moreover, two of the three front desk people I encountered were much more concerned with being out to smoke or talking on their own cell phones than their duties. At least the coffee service each day was satisfactory.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Quaker0ats
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed in 2 separate rooms on 2 separate nights so I get to determine the differences between the individual rooms. Generally both were in good states repair. The rooms seem to have seen a recent refurbishment. This refurbishment did not include a flat screen TV or the Euro-modern styling prevalent in some Motel 6 remodels. Reasonably comfortable bedding and clean sheets makes gives this location a positive stay again vote.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank gkinaz
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We were here for a nite and it was well worth the stop. The rooms were a little small but they were so clean, comfortable beds/pillows and we were off the road and didnt have any noise from the road.

I would make Motel 6 a definite place to stay when away from home.
Friendly employees too.

Room Tip: Some locations dont have king size beds, so make sure when making reservations. Some locations accep...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The customer service is the worst I've ever encountered. We ran out of toilet paper and were told we would have to wait until morning. When I explained we had NONE, the clerk acted like she was doing me a favor by going to the housekeeping closet to get a roll for me.

We had gone out for the day and housekeeping took that opportunity to go through my sisters bags and took all the cash she had in her suitcase. Management refused to assist in filing a claim saying they were not responsible and accused me of taking it since I left a week early. Why would I leave her money for food and necessities and then take it?

Staff members do not wear uniforms as the other locations do so you can't distinguish who works there and who is a guest.

There are no screens on the windows so you can't open a window for fresh air. I will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at Holiday Inn, at least you'd have a pool and trustworthy staff.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Liz M
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I had a HORRIBLE experience here. Kiki Carrington is the most unprofessional, rude hotel customer service rep I have ever met in my life and I travel a lot.

I locked my key in my room and went to the front desk to get a new one. The night before when I registered I used my adopted American name but showed my driver's license and paid with a credit card that has my Korean name. When I tried to get a replacement key, since my American name was the registered room holder instead of my Korean name, Kiki was unwilling to give me a new key! I told her to double check the registration form I filled out (which has my American name) and cross reference that with the credit card I paid with the night before which was the same card I was showing her today. Needless to say I was getting annoyed and she was quite rude about the whole situation. I have never seen sooo much attitude from anyone except from Omerosa on The Apprentice.

I asked for her business card and told her I'm going to write a Yelp review about my experience. She got mad and told me I had to leave. She refunded the payment (thankfully) and was started walking me to my room. Apparently, she can't give me a duplicate key because the names don't match up but she can open the room for me so that I can take everything. Just a complete lack of common sense.

While walking to the room, my poodle shitzu puppy started jumping on her legs asking to be pet. She turned around and said that the dog has to be on a leash. I told her the leash is in the room to which she replied, "What if I kick the dog?" I'm not kidding, she really said that. I was floored and told her and I would sue her if she hurt my dog. (I would also sue the motel if their employee did that). She responded saying, "That's it! I'm calling the police." I was confused and calmly waited for the police to escort me to my room. So ridiculous. The police were very nice, helped me carry my bags and even recommended a local motel.

This whole situation was so ridiculous and over blown. Kiki Carrington should be fired immediately.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MLE5472
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatine
Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
#2 of 3 in Palatine
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Deer Park
Four Points by Sheraton Buffalo Grove
Americas Best Value Inn Barrington

Been to Motel 6 Chicago Northwest Palatine? Share your experiences!